FM transmitter or hard wire?

IAFF78

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
I have an 04 Tb with the Bose AM/FM/CD/XM radio. I would like to be able to broadcast whats playing on my android phone to my car's speakers. This unit doesnt have bluetooth or any aux input jacks. There is a button on the radio that says "aux" but nowhere to plug anything in to. I was just wondering whats the best route to go. Buy an FM Transmitter(if so which brands are best) or hard wire into the wire harness on the radio?

I read the article about the $3.00 aux input that was posted here. Seemed ok, but sounds like there is some engine noise feedback problems. So im not sure if this is the best route to go, but i could be wrong.

So, what options do i have?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Kevin

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
On other cars, I've used the FM tranmitter function of some devices to listen to digital music and it was alway disappointing. It was quiet or you there was alway an FM station encroching on the channel I selected to receive the signal. I just plug my phone into the factory dvd player rca input slot in both of my 360's and it sounds just like you want it to sound. If it were me, I'd hard wire it in.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:iagree: +1 for hardwiring. :yes:

IAFF78

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Jkust said:
On other cars, I've used the FM tranmitter function of some devices to listen to digital music and it was alway disappointing. It was quiet or you there was alway an FM station encroching on the channel I selected to receive the signal. I just plug my phone into the factory dvd player rca input slot in both of my 360's and it sounds just like you want it to sound. If it were me, I'd hard wire it in.

What supplies do I need and where does everything get wired in to?

Thanks,
Kevin

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
If you are not using XM, the wiring and possibility the receiver are below the glove box. Remove the trim panel below the box and it should be in your hands.

Members have wired their own jacks (try a site search), or, you can buy an after market module (try a google search).

Either way, you can use the AUX switch on the radio.

IAFF78

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
RayVoy said:
If you are not using XM, the wiring and possibility the receiver are below the glove box. Remove the trim panel below the box and it should be in your hands.

Members have wired their own jacks (try a site search), or, you can buy an after market module (try a google search).

Either way, you can use the AUX switch on the radio.

Is there stand alone aux plug behind the radio I can plug into or am i going to have to do some cutting and splicing?

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
IAFF78 said:
Is there stand alone aux plug behind the radio I can plug into or am i going to have to do some cutting and splicing?

Cutting and splicing. Did the how-to article not apply to your radio?

IAFF78

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Jkust said:
Cutting and splicing. Did the how-to article not apply to your radio?

Which article?

I did a search and didnt come up with alot of answers pertaining to what i was looking for. I was just hoping there were a unused set of RCA's coming off of the head unit for the aux. If thats te case then a RCA to 3.5mm cable is all I need.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online