floor mats

dingle

Original poster
May 26, 2012
we are in need of a new set of floor mats. I would love to get a set of weathertech but thats not even close to being in the budget right now with the baby and the wife being off work til atleast october.

My question is I've looked online alot an saw that i can get a set of covercraft custom fit for $63. Seems good and i know they make a great front end bra for cars so i was thinking about giving them a shot. Has anyone else bought them and had issues with them? If not i might be the first. Also does the floor mats from any of these trucks fit. ie trailblazers fit the saab.

thanks

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
never heard of covercraft.... but the next best thing to weather techs would be the Husky Liners, which is what i have... not as pricey as the weather techs, and they are very durable... ive had mine for 3 years now, and my carpet looks as fresh as it did off the showroom floor...

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
Another endorsement for the Husky mats. The part numbers for the TB/Envoy/etc are the same as the Saab.

Here are a few pics of them in my Saab.

7b392ada.jpg

12c32427.jpg

d3b31403.jpg

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Ive got both WeatherTechs and Husky Liners, WeatherTechs in my SS and Huskys in my 02. Both are great, first thing Im buying for any vehicle I own is a set of mats from either of these companies. All the water and rain kills carpet here in Seattle.

If you're looking to spend $63 on those mats, Id go to Costco and buy the cheapo ones for less than $20 and put the other $$ towards a set of WeatherTech or Husky Liners. Sticker shock hurts, but in the ~6 years Ive had the Huskys in my 02 and the 3 in my SS, the carpet looks brand new. And I jump in and out of my trucks in sandals in the boat launch regularly plus all the snow from being in the mountains during the winter.

dingle

Original poster
May 26, 2012
Thanks for the replies. If I had my way I would already have either a set of husky's or weathertechs in it but the wife says the baby stuff is more important.lol women ast like they know everything. just kidding the arrival date is getting closer and closer. I'll probably have to convince her that we need them and buy the fronts and alittle while later buy the rears. Kinda sucks her being off work and only living on one paycheck.

Yacdogg

Apr 27, 2012
:undecided: "Honey, they are for the baby, when it spits up or throws up in the ride, clean up be easy and wouldn't impact the carpet" :2thumbsup:

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
dingle said:
Thanks for the replies. If I had my way I would already have either a set of husky's or weathertechs in it but the wife says the baby stuff is more important.lol women ast like they know everything. just kidding the arrival date is getting closer and closer. I'll probably have to convince her that we need them and buy the fronts and alittle while later buy the rears. Kinda sucks her being off work and only living on one paycheck.

Keep an eye on Craigslist. I got a complete set of Husky(including the trunk mat) for $70 last year

C-TANG

Dec 14, 2011
I have the Factory Heavy Rubber ones and love them. Had weather tech before and like these better alot better fit

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I like my Husky's too. I tried the Nifty ones, but not heavy duty enough for my needs.

dingle

Original poster
May 26, 2012
I'll go with the husky's because they are cheaper then the weathertech and all of you guys say they are good. And I will get them from autoanything because they have free shipping.

yacdogg i tried that and she said that he comes first not the car. we can clean the car was her actual words after she gave me her patented " are you eff'ing kidding me look" she loves to give me.lol

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
dingle said:
I'll go with the husky's because they are cheaper then the weathertech and all of you guys say they are good. And I will get them from autoanything because they have free shipping.

yacdogg i tried that and she said that he comes first not the car. we can clean the car was her actual words after she gave me her patented " are you eff'ing kidding me look" she loves to give me.lol

Its easier to ask for forgiveness then it is to ask for permission :wink: She cant stay mad forever lol

strat81

Dec 29, 2011
Tip: Put a large towel down on the rear seat under the infant's car seat. This will help catch crumbs, drips, splatter, barf, spit, snot, and all of the other delightful things that come from small children. If they do barf in the car, a "fridge pack" of baking soda will help with the smell.

I'd also get some Scotchgard at Wal-mart and spray all of your cloth and carpet. Use "303 Fabric Guard" on leather. Both products work as advertised.

My kiddo is two and Model B is incubating. :smile:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
strat81 said:
Tip: Put a large towel down on the rear seat under the infant's car seat. This will help catch crumbs, drips, splatter, barf, spit, snot, and all of the other delightful things that come from small children. If they do barf in the car, a "fridge pack" of baking soda will help with the smell.

I'd also get some Scotchgard at Wal-mart and spray all of your cloth and carpet. Use "303 Fabric Guard" on leather. Both products work as advertised.

My kiddo is two and Model B is incubating. :smile:

Target sells a decent car seat cover that stays in place better than a towel.

dingle

Original poster
May 26, 2012
I bought a car seat cover at bed bath and beyond for my civic. It was only like $15. And good quality too.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
dingle said:
I bought a car seat cover at bed bath and beyond for my civic. It was only like $15. And good quality too.

I used towels in the minivan under the car seats for years until I got 360's and wanted something that stayed in place better especially under booster seats that move around a lot more. As for floor mats, I've had the full set of Weathertech's including the rear cargo in all three of my 360's and if the litmus test is the carpet underneath, it never gets dirty or wet from snow, mud, rain or sand.

strat81

Dec 29, 2011
Jkust said:
Target sells a decent car seat cover that stays in place better than a towel.

The towel doesn't move if the car seat is securely installed. No booster yet, but I can see a towel moving since boosters and car seats are different.

I may look into a cover though, if only for aesthetics. Thanks for the idea! :smile:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
strat81 said:
The towel doesn't move if the car seat is securely installed. No booster yet, but I can see a towel moving since boosters and car seats are different.

I may look into a cover though, if only for aesthetics. Thanks for the idea! :smile:

The one thing that I do like about the commercial cover is it goes up the back of the seat so protects the leather on the back rest and the butt cushion from the pokey stuff on the car seats. The car seats may be more car friendly nowdays since its been a few years since the click in car seats for us.

dingle

Original poster
May 26, 2012
It took me awhile but I finally got a set of liners. I found a set of weathertech digital on Craigslist for 150. That included the fronts, rear, and cargo so I couldn't pass it up. They were bought by the guy I bought them off of two months ago so I definitely won on that deal.

cartman57

Dec 4, 2011
dingle said:
It took me awhile but I finally got a set of liners. I found a set of weathertech digital on Craigslist for 150. That included the fronts, rear, and cargo so I couldn't pass it up. They were bought by the guy I bought them off of two months ago so I definitely won on that deal.

Great price, you won't be disapointed!:thumbsup:

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
Jkust said:
I used towels in the minivan under the car seats for years until I got 360's and wanted something that stayed in place better especially under booster seats that move around a lot more. As for floor mats, I've had the full set of Weathertech's including the rear cargo in all three of my 360's and if the litmus test is the carpet underneath, it never gets dirty or wet from snow, mud, rain or sand.

I got my Weathertechs from a poster on the OS for $100 I believe (1st & 2nd row only though). One weakness with the WT's vs what I see with the Husky's is the far left drivers side footrest "ramp" is not covered as high...I know I'm gonna get a pile of sand and road salt on that part of the carpet this coming winter. :frown:

EDIT - this thread popped up in New Posts, I didn't realize I was almost a month behind

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.