Flashers and strobe light

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
xhondastyle07x said:
Def. not NY legal in any way to have forward facing blue/red and strobes, be careful.

He isn't in NY

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Our contingent from France!

Trailblazer075

Can you drive it on public streets with the NY plates or do you have to swap to local ones or trailer it?

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
I asked him the same question. License plate theft is prevalent there, so he uses the NY and Ontario plate for car shows and while parked. Using a NY plate is not allowed on French roadways.I thought it would be cool for him to zip around Paris with NY plates. Heck, I might ask if he wants a MN plate I just removed from the wife's car.

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
hmmm...i've got a set if Texas plates if he'd like them

trailblazer075

Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
LAGNY SUR MARNE FRANCE
Indeed, in France there are hugely stolen number plates.
So as I post pictures and videos of my car here at gatherings I always ask foreign plates.
But indeed I can not ride on the open road with traffic.
The video you see is a parking lot of a restaurant.
The French law states that in a private place you can use what you want but only in a private place.
As soon as I leave this place I removed the plates and does not use the siren and flashes.

Redleg6, Will you sell the plates texas?

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
I just put new plates on my TB.

I would be more than willing to ship my old plates to France! Shipping (no idea how much it would be) and a cool pic posted here is all I would ask for. I'll cover the shipping if it is not ridiculous.

It's a Minnesota plate though. Definitely not as cool as NY, FL, TX, or CA. Or the "Live free or die" New Hampshire plates.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
trailblazer075 said:
Indeed, in France there are hugely stolen number plates.
So as I post pictures and videos of my car here at gatherings I always ask foreign plates.
But indeed I can not ride on the open road with traffic.
The video you see is a parking lot of a restaurant.
The French law states that in a private place you can use what you want but only in a private place.
As soon as I leave this place I removed the plates and does not use the siren and flashes.

Redleg6, Will you sell the plates texas?
It's basically the same here in the states. However you'd have to be really careful with flashing red emergency lights. I think just having them on a non emergency vehicle (not even turned on) will get you a ticket esspecially on public streets.

cody_s

Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Mark20 said:
It's basically the same here in the states. However you'd have to be really careful with flashing red emergency lights. I think just having them on a non emergency vehicle (not even turned on) will get you a ticket esspecially on public streets.
Here in the US, it depends on which state you're in, as they all have different laws for emergency lighting. Here in GA, volunteer firefighters can run red, in other states, volunteers run blue.

trailblazer075

Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
LAGNY SUR MARNE FRANCE
Playsinsnow said:
I just put new plates on my TB.

I would be more than willing to ship my old plates to France! Shipping (no idea how much it would be) and a cool pic posted here is all I would ask for. I'll cover the shipping if it is not ridiculous.

It's a Minnesota plate though. Definitely not as cool as NY, FL, TX, or CA. Or the "Live free or die" New Hampshire plates.
Yes I am well and I'd be happy for a photo near the Eiffel tower with your plates!
Ask your post office charges sent to France.
Usually the plates come in a standard envelope.
I will pay postage with paypal.

MR CHANTALOU
, avenue Gambetta ,
PARIS
FRANCE.
And tell me how much is it for?
Thanks!

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
trailblazer075 said:
Yes I am well and I'd be happy for a photo near the Eiffel tower with your plates!Ask your post office charges sent to France.Usually the plates come in a standard envelope.I will pay postage with paypal.
Cool!
I'll try to get to the post office sometime this week or next weekend for sure.

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
Playsinsnow said:
Cool!
I'll try to get to the post office sometime this week or next weekend for sure.
Just throwing it out out there, I've got an old set too if you wanted to throw them in.

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
PM sent Mr. Chantalou...Texas plates

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Hypnotoad said:
Just throwing it out out there, I've got an old set too if you wanted to throw them in.
Somehow I missed this. I'm heading to the post office tommorrow morning before work. If it's an arm and a leg, I'll see how many I can get away with.

Reactions: dmanns67

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online