FL Members, where to wheel?

BoldAdventure

Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
Anyone in Florida know some good spots to wheel offroad and or beaches that allow vehicles ?

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
i assume you've heard of hardrock in ocala

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
i've never been there but i've heard positive things.

ocala national forest is near there, lots and lots of fire roads, we usually go camping there. pick a fire road, drive a couple miles into the woods and setup camp. i dont venture too deep i don't want to get my astrovan stuck :redface:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
jimmyjam said:
i've never been there but i've heard positive things.

ocala national forest is near there, lots and lots of fire roads, we usually go camping there. pick a fire road, drive a couple miles into the woods and setup camp. i dont venture too deep i don't want to get my astrovan stuck :redface:

Good thing you don't. Watch out for the "Rainbow People," if you do go into ONF.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011

Attachments

• ad7619cd-f2fc-46ba-87a4-8a00ba1354ae.large-profile.jpg
    ad7619cd-f2fc-46ba-87a4-8a00ba1354ae.large-profile.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 74

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
i've encountered rainbow ppl before... i'd be more scared of the people at a mudhole (outgunned). unless you're smoking peace pipe and won't share, they aren't a problem

unless something has changed, the last time i inquired, you can open carry while camping; i suggest you do

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
mikekey said:
I've decided it's pointless to LIVE in this state unless you're a rebel flag waiving total redneck.
There, I fixed your post. :biggrin:

BoldAdventure

Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
No thanks, Ocala is famous for it's very closed in, unmaintained trails on flat, sandy ground. Zzzzzz

Big B Jantzen

Aug 9, 2016
Enid, OK
LOL SAND!!! Hit Amelia Island. The ruts in the sand were the worst I have seen them before we started getting more rain in the last month or so. Before Mark's 3' lift I got stuck twice this year with wheels in air and frame on ground.

So right about the rebel flag waiving. Sometimes they pull up 6 trucks deep with 3 huge flags. So young and small town mentality, stupidity. I have a mixture of races with me so you can guess the purpose.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online