First look... 2021 TrailBlazer

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Better have a barf receptacle nearby. The article aptly starts with "Oh look, another crossover".

Reactions: Eric04 and Redbeard

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The 2020 one that was at the auto show here last weekend, had that alternate color painted roof too. My friends and I agreed, it reminded us of the Mini Coopers. :hopeless:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It is just a nameplate...All "Blazer" after the K5 was retired were disappointments. Some were ok vehicles, but not what a Blazer was. Trailblazer gets the same treatment

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And there will likely be a GMC vomit inducing variant, probably to be named Envoy since they renewed that name as well.

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Instead of putting a 1.2L turbo in there and basically make the Trailblazer name garbage. They should have kept with the mid-sized (or went full-size) SUV and thrown another Vette engine in there to keep up with the Jeep and Durango's with the Hellcat engines.

Just a dream I guess.
I'm sure someone will LS swap it :yes:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
How many of these shitty CUV's do they need? Stop it already.

Since they aint making cars.. This is their idea of staying viable in the market.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, we'll just add it to the list:
55543689_2596711453676466_5001726433962229760_n.jpg

Reactions: Mektek

vipergg

Dec 7, 2011
Better have a barf receptacle nearby. The article aptly starts with "Oh look, another crossover".

What a slap in the face of a great former vehicle. They couldn't have done something smart and make it based on the Colorado truck where they would have sold a ton of them . After seeing this glad I bought my new 2020 Durango . I had (still have) an 08 Ascender and i loved that thing and would have bought another if GM had anything decent to offer . Just what they need ANOTHER vehicle different size that looks like a crappy equinox . Just what I want a GM product with a 3 cylinder and a garbage CVT for a transmission . Cant wait to see how many problems they have with those .

Last edited:
Reactions: ek02 and cornchip

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
They not only lack new designs but they lack the creativity to even come up with new names for this excrement. JFC. I plan/hope to get several more years out of my Trailblazer but I also need it to last because there's nothing remotely interesting out there to replace it with. I could go Jeep but Fiat has always been a cluster-&*$% of a company and I'm unsure of diving into that potential mess.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I was really hoping for the global trailblazer that's built on the colorado platform. My buddy was saying they were bringing it back and that's what came to mind... but such is not the case.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I was lucky to find this low mileage well preserved TB when I did so it should last me a while. More than likely, when this last TB goes, I'll be looking for a Tahoe to replace it. They can shove those diminutive grocery getters. I'm a big guy and the TB just fits the bill. I can't go into anything smaller.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
And there will likely be a GMC vomit inducing variant, probably to be named Envoy since they renewed that name as well.
No, I think the variant will be named the "Enema" for obvious reasons and how about that 1.3L turbo in-line three cylinder? Can't wait till Cleetus gets his hands on one of those.....

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I found a similar writeup on Jalopnik a few minutes ago and was going to post a link -- and I see I was beaten to the punch. :smile:

I thought the exterior styling was decent, when that was revealed a few months back. Like everyone else, though, I'm not enthused by the powertrain offerings. Especially when the 'uplevel' motor is a 1.3T three (!) cylinder. This slots in larger than the Trax, but will supposedly run $1300 cheaper -- so who's going to buy the Trax, now? They just cannibalized their own sales again.

I probably wouldn't have bought one, as my needs these days run toward 1/2 ton P/U and higher. But, wow... what a wasted opportunity. Woulda been better if they'd just made it all-electric (at a little higher price point.) F*rd is going to eat GMs lunch with this once they bring out the new Bronco (off the new Ranger platform, which has gotten nice reviews.)

Also, on a semi-related topic... Tesla reveals their "F-150 killer" tonight at 8pm PST. GM revealed their all-electric pickup today as well (joint venture w/ Rivian, IIRC) and it looks about as promising as this new "Trailblazer" (actually, it's the styling of the pickup that turns me off - the bed looks way too short. Reminds me of that concept truck they showed a few years back on the auto show circuit)

Plans are to build it at Hamtranck (sp?) - UAW got that concession as part of the strike / contract negotiations.

Reactions: Mooseman

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I found a similar writeup on Jalopnik a few minutes ago and was going to post a link -- and I see I was beaten to the punch. :smile:

I thought the exterior styling was decent, when that was revealed a few months back. Like everyone else, though, I'm not enthused by the powertrain offerings. Especially when the 'uplevel' motor is a 1.3T three (!) cylinder. This slots in larger than the Trax, but will supposedly run $1300 cheaper -- so who's going to buy the Trax, now? They just cannibalized their own sales again.

I probably wouldn't have bought one, as my needs these days run toward 1/2 ton P/U and higher. But, wow... what a wasted opportunity. Woulda been better if they'd just made it all-electric (at a little higher price point.) F*rd is going to eat GMs lunch with this once they bring out the new Bronco (off the new Ranger platform, which has gotten nice reviews.)

Also, on a semi-related topic... Tesla reveals their "F-150 killer" tonight at 8pm PST. GM revealed their all-electric pickup today as well (joint venture w/ Rivian, IIRC) and it looks about as promising as this new "Trailblazer" (actually, it's the styling of the pickup that turns me off - the bed looks way too short. Reminds me of that concept truck they showed a few years back on the auto show circuit)

Plans are to build it at Hamtranck (sp?) - UAW got that concession as part of the strike / contract negotiations.
Is it built on the current ranger platform or the next gen... because the current one drives about as well as sliding down a mountain on a waterbed... I'd did a lot of test drives before getting the colorado....

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
I was lucky to find this low mileage well preserved TB when I did so it should last me a while. More than likely, when this last TB goes, I'll be looking for a Tahoe to replace it. They can shove those diminutive grocery getters. I'm a big guy and the TB just fits the bill. I can't go into anything smaller.
My thoughts exactly with the Tahoe. The last solid rear axle Tahoe will be a 2020 before they go rear IFS. Currently the most affordable package is a LS called the Midnight Edition. You get a 5.3 with the 6 speed, rear seat delete and most importantly for me is a great wheel and tire option. That wheel option gets you 18's with LT rated Goodyear Duratrac's. That gentlemen spells SUV.

y4m-BKUABY5NiSmpZoLUK024wRBxN6Coet6cjwr_YPGb7Acs_bd_SMa2RkASmYLb_rY0D9pAWy8BahdSDNvRpgZyPlnILR1B0UV9jU4YwFeAZG_t3qSksNWn_Oxewn_dMbyTx3w_UZN-svIvmhgk-Y_SIXoap9oBQAarDGeo8PrKJQYeLfqK-SaQtLNg_0m-vXAiFudDOuIaOPiNEhB7_o9iQ

Last edited:

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Soooo..., who's going to be the first to SAS it?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
My thoughts exactly with the Tahoe. The last solid rear axle Tahoe will be a 2020 before they go rear IFS. Currently the most affordable package is a LS called the Midnight Edition. You get a 5.3 with the 6 speed, rear seat delete and most importantly for me is a great wheel and tire option. That wheel option gets you 18's with LT rated Goodyear Duratrac's. That gentlemen spells SUV.

y4m-BKUABY5NiSmpZoLUK024wRBxN6Coet6cjwr_YPGb7Acs_bd_SMa2RkASmYLb_rY0D9pAWy8BahdSDNvRpgZyPlnILR1B0UV9jU4YwFeAZG_t3qSksNWn_Oxewn_dMbyTx3w_UZN-svIvmhgk-Y_SIXoap9oBQAarDGeo8PrKJQYeLfqK-SaQtLNg_0m-vXAiFudDOuIaOPiNEhB7_o9iQ

gentlemen is a SUV.
Not disagreeing... Just have a hard time with a $60000 dollar price tag!

Reactions: vipergg

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
Not disagreeing... Just have a hard time with a $60000 dollar price tag!

Yeah...it's expensive. I've seen 2 of these listed at 50,800 Canadian earlier this week. Crazy enough though....it's looking sensible considering a 4 Runner starts at that price in Canada.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
60k is more than what was paid for the escalade in 03... and that atleast came with a 6.0l and was fully loaded.

vipergg

Dec 7, 2011
I was really hoping for the global trailblazer that's built on the colorado platform. My buddy was saying they were bringing it back and that's what came to mind... but such is not the case.
Thats what we all were waiting for but Barra likes these puny CUV's that are all the same or wasting their money on EV's that few people will buy .

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Get your barf bags out for the first review of the Daewoo TrailBlechzer:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
If it wasn't badged as a Trailblazer, I wouldn't dislike it as much, after that review.

Reactions: wstuckey1

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Did GM really think that they were going to fool anybody putting TB lipstick on this Pig? Maybe they had a lot of Trailblazer badges left over from 2009. GM= "Gone Mad".

• Angry
Reactions: Mooseman

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Sweet pearl of f&ck! WTF are they doing? My wife and I were just talking about this kind of garbage and we too are looking for some lower mileage 360's that we can scoop up.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I stopped watching at 2:10 or so, after seeing his long, lanky @as wedged in the backseat.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Even the other TrailBlazer that was being produced and sold outside NA looks better than this. Even that one is likely to be discontinued as GM is closing their Thailand plant.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online