Finally doing exterior LED conversion.

GeoGoGo

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Upstate NY
HI Everyone!

I know I have made several posts in the past regarding headlights improvement. I have finally bit the bullet and gathered my parts.

I am going to convert to all exterior LEDs. I have the highs, lows, fog, turn signal, side markers, stop, turn and reverse bulbs. I have the parts to solder up the the DRL capacitor and my LM486 module has arrived.

I was thinking of leaving the original headlamp assemblies but the longer I thought about it, the more it seemed like taking a shower and putting on dirty underwear.

I have tried polishing them several times, cleaned them with acetone a few times but they never got much clearer. They are all cracked, pitted, and scratched on the inside of the lenses. Is that strange?

I have a 07 LT so the options are very limited. Can anyone recommend the best place to get the assemblies? Is one brand better than the others? Does anyone have any decent ones they are looking to get rid of? Anything custom?

Thank you all for the time and patience. I will try to get some before and after pictures up when the project is done. I would love to hear any ideas, suggestions, thoughts or opinions!

Have a great evening everyone! Stay safe!

Respectfully,
George D.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online