TRADE Feeler interest/trade for my 2002 Envoy

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
So, this thread is hard to write...lol. I'm "toying" with the "possibility"....of releasing my Envoy.

The catch is, the front end needs repaired as it was involved in an incident with our newest driver.

I have the time and means to repair it, my only real issue is the frame rail near the RR wheel opening will need attention before too long. I had a shop look at it and he was confident he could clean it up and get a piece welded so it would go the distance, but it's not trashed, just a few weak spots.

So here's the good.

I bought this brand new, then had hopes it would get both my kids through their first few years of driving.

It has tons of good parts, and if you want to keep one going, this would be a perfect parts vehicle.

Starting in the rear, It has the 4:10 ratio with the TB SS rear. The rear has both new GM axles, and bearings, new tire hoist, new parking brake cables, brake hoses, calipers, shocks, and OE springs.

The following front parts have less than 20K miles, a new driveshaft, front diff seals replaced, CV shafts, hub and bearings, splined dosconnect, OE brake hoses, OE springs, all 4 Bilstein HD shocks, SS front iron calipers, rotors, pads, trans cooler lines, dorman trans pan with drain plug.

Sunroof seal and lift mechanism replaced by sunroof doctor parts.

4 Michelin Defender LTX tires from Costco with roughly 20K miles I believe.

Less than 2 years old, new PS rack, lines, pump, cooler was replaced about 5 years ago.

New water pump.

The bad is the motor has 330K miles but runs good. Has all new lash adjusters replaced about 30K miles ago.

Fuel tank around the pump tabs leaks a bit and will likely need a tank.

Trans still works great, I have changed the fluid every 30-40K miles. Seperator plate replaced at 160K with vette servo added and TCC PWM mod done.

I did all this work so I had a turn key driver I could take anywhere at a moments notice. My plan was to replace the gas tank and keep moving on....then it met the rear of another vehicle.

Needs core support, radiator, condenser, bumper cover, headlighta...pretty much everything from the radiator forward.

For parts, it has alot of value, but hard to find the right buyer.

My feeler is I'm looking for a used ATV, preferably 4x4, clean, reliable, 300-400cc preferred, but that's flexible.

Was looking for a possible trade or trade +cash.

I also have the OE door seals front and rear, with OE front seat foams.

This sucks...lol.

Anyway, open for thoughts, offers, entertainment....anything. never had to do this so going slowly.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Ah man, that just sucks big time. Taking care of it like you did and it just meets an untimely demise. It may not be worth it to repair at that age and mileage so yes, it's better as a parts vehicle. That SS rear and front diffs are worth their weight in gold.

Can't help with value/trade but you don't have your location indicated anywhere. Since you talk "miles", I assume the US.

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
I wanted to update this as it's looking more like I will sell the Envoy for parts, not really looking to part it out.

The good is, If I can sell or trade for parts, the new owner can make a choice to fix it or whatever as it will have a clean title.

The bad would be I would have the insurance adjuster take over in which case it would likely be totaled and I would have to sell with a salvage title.

So I would love this to go to a new home with a clean title.

If you want to keep your GMT 360 rolling, this is a great platform for good parts.

I will keep this listing up until someone bites or I find another GMT360 cheap that needs work in which case I will use my Envoy for the parts.

This really sucks, but have to do what ya gotta do.

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Back on this, would love to sell as is if someone wants some good parts, has the SS rear as it's a 4:10 vehicle. SS front brakes also.

Would love a 2007+ Yamaha Grizzly 450 but that's negotiable.

Any interest just PM me. I don't want to salvage the title if I can avoid it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online