Favor to ask about doing a transmission flush

ksimm92

Original poster
Apr 28, 2012
First, I am not sure if this is the best spot for the thread... feel free to move it.

I would like to do a transmission flush this week as I am on vacation from work. I have never done one on my trailblazer so any advice and tips would be awesome.

I know there is a article about this on the "other site" that possibly has a how to? I am not a member over there, and I would like to keep it that way. I am not sure if this is something that could be done or not, but perhaps if someone here also still has a membership over there could copy & paste the write up here? or perhaps PM me?

I would like to do more than just drop the pan & filter, I would like to remove the cooling line by the radiator and use the pump to remove as much old fluid as possible. I am just unsure what to remove and would feel more comfortable if I had some direction.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Dec 4, 2011
ksimm92 said:
First, I am not sure if this is the best spot for the thread... feel free to move it.

I would like to do a transmission flush this week as I am on vacation from work. I have never done one on my trailblazer so any advice and tips would be awesome.

I know there is a article about this on the "other site" that possibly has a how to? I am not a member over there, and I would like to keep it that way. I am not sure if this is something that could be done or not, but perhaps if someone here also still has a membership over there could copy & paste the write up here? or perhaps PM me?

I would like to do more than just drop the pan & filter, I would like to remove the cooling line by the radiator and use the pump to remove as much old fluid as possible. I am just unsure what to remove and would feel more comfortable if I had some direction.

here is link to the "How to flush a tranny" thread. You don't have to be a member to look at this thread and print it out for reference.

Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Good luck, but you won't need it this is not hard to do.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
ksimm92 said:

you remove the passenger side trans fluid line off of the radiator, connect a hose to it, put the other end in a bucket. start the engine and run it until you start seeing air come out of the line. then shut the engine off, drop the trans pan and swap your filter. reinstall pan and trans line to radiator, refill through dipstick tube.

ksimm92

Original poster
Apr 28, 2012
RedEnvoyDenali said:
here is link to the "How to flush a tranny" thread. You don't have to be a member to look at this thread and print it out for reference.

Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Good luck, but you won't need it this is not hard to do.

I also tried and it said you had to be a member, i think you do to view anything in the article section don't ya ??? :confused:

jimmyjam said:
you remove the passenger side trans fluid line off of the radiator, connect a hose to it, put the other end in a bucket. start the engine and run it until you start seeing air come out of the line. then shut the engine off, drop the trans pan and swap your filter. reinstall pan and trans line to radiator, refill through dipstick tube.

thanks! this at least gives me an idea, I am pretty good with working on things so I should be able to figure it out from there. I was mostly concerned about which how to disconnect. :crazy:

This has me thinking... maybe when I do this I could take pics and do a little write up in case someone else wants to get an idea what is involved without being a member over there. :undecided:

anthonyl79

Jul 15, 2012
Colorado
I just sent you two PM's. It was too long to fit into one message. There are no pic's with it though. If you need them let me know.

ksimm92

Original poster
Apr 28, 2012
anthonyl79 said:
I just sent you two PM's. It was too long to fit into one message. There are no pic's with it though. If you need them let me know.

thanks! :thumbsup: you dont need to bother with the pictures, the descriptions are more then enough :yes:

Dec 4, 2011
Sorry guys I though anyone could look up a thread over there. No wonder they are dying on the other site with that kind of attitude.

I am also sorry I don't know how to copy it over here. :confused:

ksimm92

Original poster
Apr 28, 2012
Well I flushed the trans yesterday,:wootwoot: It was pretty straight forward. my fluid was not as dirty as i thought it would be, it still had the reddish/pink color to it.

I can say, it seams to be shifting smoother.

View attachment 22098
View attachment 22099
View attachment 22100
View attachment 22101

View attachment 22102
I ended up flushing a bit too much, and my pan had a total of 15qts in it.:crazy: had to ride my bicycle to auto for more fluid :rotfl:

View attachment 22103
Since I bought my TB with around 79,000 on it, assuming the previous owner had it changed at 50,000... I am a little over with 115,000 now. I added some lucas that helps with slips and overall performance.

Attachments

• 2012-07-30_19-23-16_527.jpg
    2012-07-30_19-23-16_527.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 2012-07-30_19-23-57_805.jpg
    2012-07-30_19-23-57_805.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 2012-07-30_19-24-15_762.jpg
    2012-07-30_19-24-15_762.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 2012-07-30_19-23-03_675.jpg
    2012-07-30_19-23-03_675.jpg