Fan speed sensor problem

Alexo1us

Original poster
Feb 1, 2014
:mad:
Hi Guys
these things really get u in lov hate feelings
got a fan speed sensor error check engine light.

i dont think it engages is there a way to jump it to check it

i will post actual code when it get back.
thanx guys always helpful

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Sure. Put 12V on the fan harness pin B, the white wire.

Unless the coolant temp is above 220-230 degrees, you won't be able to feel much engagement by trying to stop it with a rag along the edge.

Without the exact code, without parts store interpretation, it's difficult to tell you more. But assuming you've seen other threads for troubleshooting that involve the sensor schematic, you might have a sensor side problem, not a fan engagement problem. Still could be a flaky harness. A close physical inspection is in order.

You have a voltmeter and know how to use it?

Alexo1us

Original poster
Feb 1, 2014
P0526 is the code
been reading up more on this since it seems to be cpu says to clutch hey engage to 30% waits and if it dosent get to certen RPM throws code what if belts slipping could this cause same code?
i may be wrong but seems to me if its speed it senses but belt dont spin it fast enough?

anyway i noticed tensioner little on loose side slight belt squeak got me thinking.

in looking at freeze frame, temp only showed 56 C so no where near temp to need it.
let u know what i find.

Alexo1us

Original poster
Feb 1, 2014
if it costs waterpump rpm and this is what drives fan ?
anyway i need a belt for sure maybe tensioner ? might just aswell see hows it goes before i spend 250 cunuk bucks for new one. no other issues. "knock on wood"

Alexo1us

Original poster
Feb 1, 2014
lol no worries i will cross off anything using ur sugestions first, wish I could just remove the thing.
I need to do something with belt anyway good place to start. Most of the issues so far are from sitting needs few more miles to free up.

Alexo1us

Original poster
Feb 1, 2014
hi all
i changed both belts took it fur long drive still no codes yippy
can tell when it engages blows lots of air.
got all me fingers and toes crossed.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online