Falken S/TZ-04 ?

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
I need new shoes for the Bravada I just bought. Been looking at cheaper selections, as this isnt my DD and I got the truck for cheap - I have some reservations on putting $800 tires, which would account for 25% of what I paid for the vehicle...lol.

At my local Firestone tire, of which I have a credit account that gets me 5% off any purchase and 6 months same as cash, they have these Falken S/TZ-04 tires that look like they'd be great in all conditions. Of course, looking good and performing good are two different things. :undecided:

Linky

I can get them for $117.99, each. Total of $519.92, less 5% firestone card discount = $493.92 out the door!

Any reviews on these tires? They are very limited on the web and arent listed on tirerack.com.

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Those are the ones that I have. I ran into a problem wit ha bad ball joint so I got major bad wear on inside of the passenger tire. The Discount Tire didn't honor the free lifetime spin balancing because of it. At the beginning, the tires were great. Great traction and quiet. I have 10,000 more miles to go before I junk them.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
I wouldn't worry about the % of cost of tires. If the Bravada had the "$800"tires on when you purchased it, would you have paid more?

Tires are very subjective, especially when not on a dd or when staying cheap. I bought some no name all season china tires for winter in college and they froze up anytime it got cold. Never again.

Checkout older destination models (firestone), general grabber, or Fuzion. I've used the latter two. Honestly, with proper care, anything will get the job done. I say get a high mileage tire for more bang for your buck...

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Playsinsnow said:
I wouldn't worry about the % of cost of tires. If the Bravada had the "$800"tires on when you purchased it, would you have paid more?

Tires are very subjective, especially when not on a dd or when staying cheap. I bought some no name all season china tires for winter in college and they froze up anytime it got cold. Never again.

Checkout older destination models (firestone), general grabber, or Fuzion. I've used the latter two. Honestly, with proper care, anything will get the job done. I say get a high mileage tire for more bang for your buck...

The falkens are awesome. I loved mine....get em.

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Trucks at the shop right now getting 4 Falken S/TZ-04's and an alignment :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback!

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
MichEnvoyGuy said:
Trucks at the shop right now getting 4 Falken S/TZ-04's and an alignment :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback!

These are the same tires I have on my truck. I put them on when I got the 20's. I also got a great deal on them. I haven't had any problems, and they're holding up well. You should be fine with them.

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
RZAwora said:
These are the same tires I have on my truck. I put them on when I got the 20's. I also got a great deal on them. I haven't had any problems, and they're holding up well. You should be fine with them.

Wow... these Falken tires are SOOOOOO quiet and smooth. Of course, Ive only put 15 miles on them from when I picked it up at Firestone earlier, but so far they've given very good impressions!! :wootwoot:

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
stormsurge said:
Had mine for two years. They still look and ride great.

Woot woot :thumbsup: Im VERY glad I went with the Falkens, like I said - they are ridiculously quiet. After owning 25-30 cars in my 17 years of driving, I can safely say I think they are in the top 3 of the most quiet tires Ive ever bought. :cool:

So far Ive got to test them on wet pavement and they did fantastic. 200% better than the Hankooks that came off the truck.

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
MichEnvoyGuy said:
Woot woot :thumbsup: Im VERY glad I went with the Falkens, like I said - they are ridiculously quiet. After owning 25-30 cars in my 17 years of driving, I can safely say I think they are in the top 3 of the most quiet tires Ive ever bought. :cool:

So far Ive got to test them on wet pavement and they did fantastic. 200% better than the Hankooks that came off the truck.

Mine did fine last winter. We had a few good snows.

Snailblazin'

Dec 9, 2011
I bought a set of 275/45R20 STZ/04s and ran them for one winter (as a trial) and that was enough to prompt a swift purchase of winter skins (245/70R16 Nokian Hakka R SUVs which I love BTW) the next fall. I was foolish to think these would be adequate on hard pack and ice, they were horrible although not as bad as the BFG Long Trails I had previously.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmaxdob

Members Online