Factory options on TBs

02trailblazerLS

Original poster
Mar 3, 2020
windsor
Hey guys ive read alot about all the different factory options and some being rare, mines a 2002 LS 4x4 with 3.73 gears ,the g80 locker, and side airbags. My question is are the side airbags rare in a 2002?😂😂 My dad thinks they are but i dont really think so 😅

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
3.73 w/ G80 is pretty common. Sorry!

Where yours would be 'rare' is if you had a 'North Face' package, or if you had the two-tone paint / cladding, etc. (on the second one, it wasn't *that* rare, but the years have claimed many of the early ones that had it (all were TBs, AFAIK)).

Where yours *is* kind of rare (and not in a good way) is that GM made 'under the surface' revisions to the vehicle for 2003, making the '02s a bit of a red-haired stepchild, compared to the rest of the run. Search our threads & elsewhere for the info. Also, download the service manuals and compare wiring schematics for the '02s vs the '03s-onward.

Reactions: 02trailblazerLS

02trailblazerLS

Original poster
Mar 3, 2020
windsor
I
3.73 w/ G80 is pretty common. Sorry!

Where yours would be 'rare' is if you had a 'North Face' package, or if you had the two-tone paint / cladding, etc. (on the second one, it wasn't *that* rare, but the years have claimed many of the early ones that had it (all were TBs, AFAIK)).

Where yours *is* kind of rare (and not in a good way) is that GM made 'under the surface' revisions to the vehicle for 2003, making the '02s a bit of a red-haired stepchild, compared to the rest of the run. Search our threads & elsewhere for the info. Also, download the service manuals and compare wiring schematics for the '02s vs the '03s-onward.
Okay no worries Its all good! Yeah ive read some threads with ppl talkin bout the 02s being not as good as the later models so i do wish i got a 03 or newer but its already too late for me now so im just gonna work with what i got and drive it as long as i can.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Okay no worries Its all good! Yeah ive read some threads with ppl talkin bout the 02s being not as good as the later models so i do wish i got a 03 or newer but its already too late for me now so im just gonna work with what i got and drive it as long as i can.

Careful. 'Different' != 'Inferior'

Yours functions the same as the rest. It's just that a few of the parts are a little different. As long as you're aware of that, it's all good.

Dadwagon

May 21, 2020
West coast
I think a Buick or Saab version is more rare since they weren't popular and didn't sell very well. The Isuzu version sold about as many as both of those other brands combined? And I've only seen that version once in the wild.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online