fabricated front bumper Q.

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
I did a search and didn't find it. Im running on a chemo brain so who knows lol. My daughter wants to get that offroad bumper and I was wanting to know if I had to change springs. Im lifted 2.5 with stock 86 or 96 witch ever it is. Been a wile sence I can no longer get up and down on my own. Dam leg.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Hiya! Been concerned about ya. The member who used to sell them was Mike Barton over on offroadtb.com, but liability insurance costs just drove him out of the business of finished bumpers. He still sells kits that you can get a local welder to complete for you. And once in a while there are bumpers for sale over on ORTB. I think there are 1 or 2 currently, which is exceedingly rare! Also check Mike's vendor thread there.

If your stock springs are 86's that would be amazing, and probably enough for that bumper unless you also add a winch. It's just over 100 pounds, so you could always get a 100 pound kid to sit on the front of the truck and see how much it sags.

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
Thanks. It hardly sags with me on it, 280LB. I went to MD Anderson in texas last week to see if they had any ideas on chemo and got the sam bad news. No hope or cures for my type of cancer, but at the same time they don't understand why I have lived this long. 10 months was the longest anyone lived. Im going on two years and im still in good shape. Now im famous in the chondrosarcoma world lol.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude