EXT rear ac block off , anything else needed?

KEEBZ489

Original poster
Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY
i did a google search and didnt find any install instructions / videos , but a new compressor is the next project and i dont know if teh rear is leaking , but i dont need it anyway so i might as well delete it instead of finding a leak afterwards.

@Mooseman i seen you nade a comment about doing this , but the orfice tube should be different ? should i be getting a a/c kit for a short wheel base ? im having a local ac shop do the work , just want to have all the right parts

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Because you're converting it to a front only system, capacity and pressures will be different so you should replace the orifice tube with the proper white one. In any case, it should be replaced whenever the system is serviced. You still have to use the receiver/dryer for an EXT though. Use the lower oil and refrigerant capacities for a single system.

KEEBZ489

Original poster
Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY
pressure and oil im not worried about , thats why im having a shop do it. all they do is ac and radiator work and used them before. do i stick with teh regular ext compressor or a short wheel base one ?

any tips on the block off or are the instructions included staright forward ? and thaks for the help once again

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Compressors are the same. Block offs are straightforward.

mntegra01

Mar 26, 2018
Virginia
just use a SWB AC hose. and if you are taking it to a shop, they should be able to figure that out. I know because I have sold a mechanic (good friend) a SWB hose that he ditched the rear AC on a LWB with rear AC.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That's also another option.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online