WANTED EXT Calipers & Caliper brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Upgrading my brake system again soon, going for some EBC Sport rotors and EBC Yellow Stuff pads. Wanted to see if anyone has any LWB sized calipers and brackets they can part with so I can upgrade to EXT sized rotors for even better braking performance. Haven't had any luck in finding used ones that look in good shape and remans seem pretty pricey.
Thanks,
Capote

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I might have a set. One from the '05 5.3L Parts SAAB and another from my old EXT. Calipers are the same as your current shorty type so you shouldn't need those. Only the brackets and rotors are needed. '06+ changed to iron calipers. The EXT is still in one piece currently buried under snow. The Saab is also buried and is partially parted.

When are you looking to do this? One set I will probably keep for the '07 TB I'm hoping to get. Another thing is shipping from Canukistan will be $$$. Pick-a-part may be your best bet.

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I might have a set. One from the '05 5.3L Parts SAAB and another from my old EXT. Calipers are the same as your current shorty type so you shouldn't need those. Only the brackets and rotors are needed. '06+ changed to iron calipers. The EXT is still in one piece currently buried under snow. The Saab is also buried and is partially parted.

When are you looking to do this? One set I will probably keep for the '07 TB I'm hoping to get. Another thing is shipping from Canukistan will be $$$. Pick-a-part may be your best bet.
I forgot about the 5.3's having a larger setup too. I was under the impression that the calipers were larger, they're not?
I'm not gonna be able to change our my rotors anyway for a little bit. Gotta put money to the side. So there's no rush as of right now. I wouldn't want you struggling in the snow getting them off, don't want to cause you a hassle.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It's melting fast right now. Once things are clear, I wanna strip and get rid of the Saab ASAP. The EXT I might replace the tranny.

Didn't you say in the Mod thread that you already have the brackets?

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
It's melting fast right now. Once things are clear, I wanna strip and get rid of the Saab ASAP. The EXT I might replace the tranny.

Didn't you say in the Mod thread that you already have the brackets?
Well I'll take the brackets then in that case man. Nah I don't have anything yet.

AWD V8

Jan 12, 2015
My '03 EXT Envoy has the big calipers. The pads are the same profile as some Corvette pads, and the Camaro, about 2001

My calipers are aluminum and they flex like crazy under firm braking. I'm wanting to upgrade to the TBSS iron calipers.

Just my opinion on the pedal feel with aluminum calipers. Maybe stainless brake hoses would improve it but I think the calipers would be my first choice.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
:offtopic:
We are going off topic here. We should have a separate technical discussion about this in the appropriate section.

You are right as I have both. The EXT brakes with aluminum calipers are softer than on my '06 Saab with the iron calipers but for some reason I found the EXT's more effective despite being the same size rotor wise.

AWD V8

Jan 12, 2015
Sorry, I thought the OP was considering larger EXT calipers??

I was offering my opinion on my aluminum vs cast iron.

I'll stay out of it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
No worries, we all got sucked into it, including myself :redface:

The calipers are all the same. Look them up on RA.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Its definitely a worthwhile mod -- simple cheap and effective, the best kind of mod!

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Its definitely a worthwhile mod -- simple cheap and effective, the best kind of mod!
Only thing that sucks is it jumps the price up over $100 for the larger EBC sport rotors.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
EBC rotors will be going on the envoy when the current pads wear out. Current rotors are warped just enough to feel it. They held up better than the rotors on the maxima. The maxima rotors first warped at 6000 miles. Dealer turned them. At 9000 miles they were warped again. I insisted that they be replaced. They replaced them with oem rotors and those warped by 15000 miles. Replaced with EBC slot/dimpled and had no issues with warping for the next 70k miles of ownership.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online