EXT body lift

giodesousa93

Original poster
Oct 27, 2018
Rhode Island
Hey everyone,

I can't find a body lift for the EXT trailblazer. Can someone point me in the right direction? Some sites say the swb doesn't apply to ext or SS.

HELP?

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Zone off-road sells a body lift. It works on swb and ext trucks. I have it on my ext.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Zone off-road is the only one left in the game and 2" is the best that you can get right now.

Reactions: wstuckey1

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
I mean I'm happy there's still a 2" but damn did I want a 3" and to be the biggest 7 passenger TB around ☹️
That’s how I felt. Someday I’ll hopefully turn mine into a 3 inch.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Well it would take a lot to be the biggest EXT around since that spot is taken currently

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Reactions: giodesousa93

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
HighVoltage's was fun to have grow up. First time I broke a strut compressor and sent a spring into a trash can....fun fun. The body lift and sliders n such were part of a lift meet I hosted an I think we did work on 6 or 7 trucks with Barton's welder running a cord from my dryer out the second story window in my subdivision...

giodesousa93

Original poster
Oct 27, 2018
Rhode Island
HighVoltage's was fun to have grow up. First time I broke a strut compressor and sent a spring into a trash can....fun fun. The body lift and sliders n such were part of a lift meet I hosted an I think we did work on 6 or 7 trucks with Barton's welder running a cord from my dryer out the second story window in my subdivision...

I guess I'm just a few years late 🤷‍♂️, but I'm only 25 so when all this happened I was probably just getting my license or before this lol

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Yeah it was back when I was prototyping the 3 inch suspension and body lifts for Mark. Fun times when we were really pushing the envelope

Reactions: giodesousa93

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Can only do so much without full-out custom or solid axle swap....nothing left to really do. I do wish i had done a SAS way back then, but it was fun working with the crew that was into it then.

Reactions: paul2005tb

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
That'll happen right after you turn your 370 into a full-size PU... :biggrin:
I hope to do a SAS after college when I get a DD that isn't this truck. I really want to turn it into a dedicated trail rig.

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
presently installing the 3in lift, just put all the spacers on, about to put in the steering extension (I bought the steering extension from zone 2 years ago). I realize that I need an extra bolt and a nut for the steering extension.

Can anyone please tell me the recommended bolt and nut ? I have the existing bolt and will reuse that for one end of the extension. I was going to get another bolt identical and buy a nut to fit? Does that seem right ?

By the way, at first I thought the 3in lift was going to look too extreme but it doesnt look that bad. Nevertheless, if I were to do it all again, I think id buy the zone 2in kit so that I had all the parts in one box then buy 12 hockey pucks and longer bolts.

Also just FYI, steering extension only provides 1 7/8in extension.

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I mean he could do a 2" body lift with a 2" suspension..

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I had the zone 2 inch before the 3 existed and then just added 1 inch aluminum pucks to the 2 to get the 3. Then we had to deal with getting the bumper brackets n such all dialed in. The steering extension I have is the zone, but I got no idea what bolt it uses since I did it back in 2009

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Ok, zone instructions say the bolt is 10mm dia x 45mm so a 3/8in dia x 2in bolt and nut would do as well.

As for the steering extension, taking a close look it would be very easy to make one in the machine shop.

The vehicle looks fantastic lifted, even with the stock 29in tires on it. Im very pleased. As for the rear bumper, I can make it look fine without lifting it. As for the front bumper, I have an idea to put 2in of dense foam so that the plastic facade sits close to the stock level.

Why didnt I do this mod sooner.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
People say its easy to make, but no one does it

The front bumper can easily be moved up with a couple pieces of tube for spacers and some trimming to fit around impact bar.

i am really curious how you think the rear will look ok without brackets to raise it.

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Ok, job is done, I have never been so happy with a mod. Im including a picture of the rear bumper mod as I flipped the stamped sheet metal brackets and then reattached the bumper to the fender well. Ill paint the rear bumper black and it should look ok. My wife doesnt drive this so there is no reason to go overboard and make it perfect. I love my TB!

Next move is a new set of tires, vehicle has 3.73 gears :
option 1) LT255/80/17,
option 2) LT285/75/17
??? .. tough decision, my TB is mostly my winter commuter vehicle and Im in NewEngland.

Attachments

• IMG_20190929_124354479.jpg
    IMG_20190929_124354479.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Brando_TB

Oct 13, 2019
Albertville, AL
Hey guys I’m new here but I know how annoying it can be for people to dig up old threads however I’m out of options searching the interwebz. I’m needing some serious help. I’ve got a 2002 Trailblazer EXT 2wd 4.2L and I’m wanting to do a 3” body lift on it. I understand there’s only the 2” zone body lift, that Is what my old TB had on it but it also had hockey pucks stacked with the 2” spacers. My questions are; 1, if I do the 2” Zone Body Lift That says it’s for “swb 4wd trailblazer” Will there be enough equipment to apply it on my ext? And 2, if I do the 2” and stack hockey pucks with it will the steering extension and etc from the zone kit still work or will I have to figure something else out? I can figure out the bumper brackets and other easy stuff no problem but stuff like the steering and what not worry me. I wouldn’t usually bother with anything like this and just go with the 2” but I’m trying to replicate my old trailblazer that I Have regretted selling a while back. Any help is appreciated! 😃

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Hey guys I’m new here but I know how annoying it can be for people to dig up old threads however I’m out of options searching the interwebz. I’m needing some serious help. I’ve got a 2002 Trailblazer EXT 2wd 4.2L and I’m wanting to do a 3” body lift on it. I understand there’s only the 2” zone body lift, that Is what my old TB had on it but it also had hockey pucks stacked with the 2” spacers. My questions are; 1, if I do the 2” Zone Body Lift That says it’s for “swb 4wd trailblazer” Will there be enough equipment to apply it on my ext? And 2, if I do the 2” and stack hockey pucks with it will the steering extension and etc from the zone kit still work or will I have to figure something else out? I can figure out the bumper brackets and other easy stuff no problem but stuff like the steering and what not worry me. I wouldn’t usually bother with anything like this and just go with the 2” but I’m trying to replicate my old trailblazer that I Have regretted selling a while back. Any help is appreciated! 😃
I used the zone kit on my ext. They are the same in that regard. If I recall correctly the steering extension from the zone kit is long enough to use it with a 3" body lift. You'll need to extend the radiator relocating stuff and the bumper stuff. Maybe other stuff too, I don't remember.

Reactions: Brando_TB

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The steering extension is same with 2 or 3 inch.

You will have the bumpers and radiator to deal with though.

Reactions: Brando_TB

Masterjacko96

Aug 17, 2022
Michigan
any
Ok, job is done, I have never been so happy with a mod. Im including a picture of the rear bumper mod as I flipped the stamped sheet metal brackets and then reattached the bumper to the fender well. Ill paint the rear bumper black and it should look ok. My wife doesnt drive this so there is no reason to go overboard and make it perfect. I love my TB!

Next move is a new set of tires, vehicle has 3.73 gears :
option 1) LT255/80/17,
option 2) LT285/75/17
??? .. tough decision, my TB is mostly my winter commuter vehicle and Im in NewEngland.
finished pictures?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
any

finished pictures?
If your after pictures of a lifted Trailblazer, just to get ideas, google is your best friend for that.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
@paul2005tb is still active so I let it ride.

@TollKeeper , dunno where you went with that but let's try that again:

And the first link?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
You were creating that, while I was editing it above LOL!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.