Explain your username to us

Decado

Sep 16, 2013
Character from a David Gemmell book... it's been an online handle of mine for a long time.

chatterx

Mar 13, 2014
Chatterx..... When I first started using the new fangled internet technology back in 1997 I was huge into chat rooms hence the chatter part. At the time I was in my late teens... cocky as hell.... and much more immature. I figured I could pretend to be anyone on the net so I chose the x part. It kinda just stuck with me over the years and is not hardly duped at all.

DonnyDrywall

Nov 26, 2013
blazinlow89 said:
Funny, I figured your name was Donny, and you worked in drywall and drywall accessories. :wink:

I know, right? I use the same name on twitter and at least 7 drywall companys follow me on there. :rotfl:

{tpc}

Jan 22, 2014
Mine has to do with an online game I was playing a the time and what I was watching on tv. I was watching the TPC golf championship on tv. The game I was playing at the time ranked anyone with a username with {} in it higher on a persons friends list than regular names which became alphabetical after that. I suck at character names or coming up with user names, thus {tpc} was born. It only made sense for my forum name for that game to be the same as my account name.

Like I said, I suck thinking up names, so I use this one in most places. Name is Tony, btw.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
{tpc} said:
Mine has to do with an online game I was playing a the time and what I was watching on tv. I was watching the TPC golf championship on tv. The game I was playing at the time ranked anyone with a username with {} in it higher on a persons friends list than regular names which became alphabetical after that. I suck at character names or coming up with user names, thus {tpc} was born. It only made sense for my forum name for that game to be the same as my account name.

Like I said, I suck thinking up names, so I use this one in most places. Name is Tony, btw.

Welcome to the crew Tony.

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
My shortened name from Robert is Robb, yes, with 2 b's. When I moved to WI, the friends I made started calling me Robbb b b b b b b bb, , , it eventually morphed into Robbabob. though I don't live there any longer, I keep it close at heart.

Fen65

Apr 2, 2014
I'm FenwickHockey65 on every other site. Most people know me as Fen.

Apparently that's one character too long for here.

Reactions: KNBlazer

billzie

Aug 20, 2012
Athens, OH
Billzie: A nickname some in a group of friends called me "back in the day", better than some of the other things I've been called LOL. I've used this username on every hobby forum I've ever belonged to. But I always end my posts with Bill what I prefer to be called.

SaabScott

Jul 11, 2013
Mine also falls under the category of "really easy to explain" ...

I've been into Saabs since 2004 and using this user name everywhere since. This is my 7th (pure coincidence that it is also a 9-7X :biggrin: ).
I've been the President of The Saab Club of Canada since 2005, super moderator over at Saab Central.

D3vious

Dec 16, 2011
Mine was issued by a group of friends after a traffic stop, 99 in a 65 zone.
When I saw a rest area very close to where the officer pulled me over, I poured a big gulp into my lap.
I said to the cop "I tried to make it!!!"
He looked down, closed his ticket book, and said "you're having a shitty enough day"
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Junfan

May 15, 2014
Junfan was Bruce Lee's given name. I have studied JKD, Kali, Escrima and Muay Thai in the Inosanto program since the late 90s on and off. Anymore, I do more BJJ than anything. I started using this name in MMOs starting with Ultima Online.

Rogue92

Apr 19, 2014
Rogue comes from what I've been labeled in the past due to my political beliefs not jiving well with the majority of my classmates in high school and now in college. Instead of seeing it as an insult, I wear it as a badge now :wink:

The '92? Year I was born, since TV, other sites, and GMT won't let me use just plain "Rogue".

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Nothing special, just my last name. Just used to hearing it instead of my first name, being in the Army and all

Reactions: BHAMER

combatspace

Aug 6, 2014
It's been my username on various forums for years now. It started off as my Xbox live handle, and it just kinda stuck...8 years later.

skamphax0r

Jul 21, 2014
Mine started out in a prodigy chatroom - and i just never changed it. skamp is a demon type thing in Elder scrolls oblivion. and hax0r is kiddie speak :tongue:

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Simple enough: "A" first letter of my first name, "Manders" my last name, and "6" my favorite number

Reactions: Mounce

ahhyeah

Dec 20, 2014
A friend quoted a line from a movie once, "Ahhyeah, how do you like me now?" and so we started saying Ahhyeah all the time. I ended up adding it to my license plate and then my username for pretty much everything.

Reactions: Robbabob and Capote

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Damn, I was sure I posted in here when I first joined. Better late than never.

Back when I first started in computers in the late 90's, I joined a profession specific email discussion group (basically, a forum that worked by using emails), I became friends with an Australian. Thinking that Canadians have moose in every back yard, he started calling me Mooseman. He even drew my avatar.

I should have called him Kangarooman but he already had a nickname.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
My all time favorite song. Been using DAlastDON online since the 90's for damn near everything. Started useing it as a gamer tag for duke nukem, doom, quake, tribes, etc. Before game consoles connected to the internet and cell phones were carried around in bags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO9tdnxSVII

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Ha.. I have,all of no limit cd's... great memories for sure.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

Ziggy

Feb 8, 2015
I'm on several different vehicle specific, and interest specific forums, and got sick of trying to come up with a unique identifier (and trying to remember them all!) for each one. I wanted something easy to remember, and easy enough to find an avatar for. Besides, who doesn't love Ziggy?

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Mine comes from another forum I used to frequent before this one - I used to play bass when I was younger, then went to focus on my day job for 20 years. 3 years ago, I picked up the instrument again - thus, 'Reprise'.

Being a bass player is the reason I've owned 3 Exploders and now an Envoy - you need a big vehicle to carry those big bass cabinets in :2thumbsup: We call the 8x10s 'refrigerators'

Our older readers may remember that Sinatra named his record company Reprise - and that was a reference from when he had his career restarted as well. Just a hobby with me, though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online