Explain your username to us

dockers

Dec 12, 2012
Friends started calling me Dockers because I wear Docker Khakies when I work on my vehicles rather than dickies or jeans.

Showtyme

Nov 26, 2012
Short Bus said:
Really??? Let me try.

TraylBlazer

:rolleyes: It just doesn't seem cool when I do it :frown:

Idk I kinda like it. Somebody should use it for a screen name. If you have an 03 you could be Treyblazer.

Gator

Mar 19, 2013
I'm a die hard Florida Gators fan, and I live in Ohio. So my friends and some co-workers started calling me "Gator" and I've had it as a nickname since high school. I graduated in 1988 so I've had the nickname for a lil while to say the least :smile:

Conner299

Jan 16, 2013
Well, it all goes back to a girl I used to be "friends" with... If you catch my drift. My real name is Ed, but since I'm a ginger-kid, she said I looked more like a Conner. This was about 12 years ago, and it kinda stuck. It has been my screen name for just about everything. From video games, to forums. The 299 just happens to be the last three digits of my zip.

SEMIJim

Apr 13, 2013
Mine's easy: S.E. Michigan's where I live, and Jim's my name. Thus: South East MIchigan Jim :smile:

Just came to me, one day, when I was trying to come up with a screen name for another site. Liked it because it's a triple-entendre.

Jim

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
My login to my corporate network back in 1997. Also one of my email addresses: mcsteven@xxxxxx.net

mrphoenix80

Jan 1, 2013
My first car 80 Pontiac Phoenix ( I still have it too. Check my garage). 80phoenix would not work where I was trying to use it so after a few different arrangements mrphoenix80 was born. That was close to 20years ago and I have used it ever since.

Metsämies

Mar 28, 2012
"Metsämies"

I am from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, so like a lot of "Yoopers" I have Finnish ancestry.
Growing up I spent more time at my hunting camp and in the woods than I did at home lol.
That is why I am "Metsämies" Finnish for "Forest Man"

Daryl NHT

May 13, 2013
Daryl is my name and NHT stands for Max Trailering Package that my truck has.

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
I'll chime in on this one, finally :undecided:

Well, I've been a martial artist since I was about 7 or 8. Fascianted with pretty much every aspect of it. Still train to this day. It's become an integral part of my life :yes:
and, honestly, I'm nuckin futz :rotfl: ((at least that's what my friends and family tell me)) hahaha

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
My name is in part what i always wanted to be a pilot in the airforce. Alas I opted to go the enlisted route. Got to go on short flights with crew however. The XL in my name is for the type of truck I have.:thumbsup:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
After, cough 30pluscough, some years I'm still a like a little child watching the first snowfall, and every subsequent one!

Oh and I have snowboarded/skied every month of the year in the lower 48. 200+days on hill, snow above the bottom of doors, all day blizzard driving to get the goods, shoveling/pushing anyone and everyone I can. And I built a snowman in late May, 93F at the "200 feet below sea level" sign in Death Valley. I was actually asked if I brought the snow from MN!

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
Lol. I guess I just don't understand people like myself who live in the great white north who enjoy snow. OK maybe a little, but I do have a limit.

I wonder if Eskimos would enjoy a nice Florida spring more than an Arctic winter. Or would an Amazonian tribesman enjoy the arid New Mexico environment. And why do the people on the west coast think that no weather is good weather. Hmm. Makes you wonder.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
CaptainXL said:
Lol. I guess I just don't understand people like myself who live in the great white north who enjoy snow. OK maybe a little, but I do have a limit.

Me too. When it turns to any precip that ain't snow and after a week and depths deeper than my TB (I got pics) over 5days non stop you need the break! Non stop shoveling! Reverse 911calls! I've had the CHP call me at the lodge I worked at asking when the road will open! It didn't and I had a buddy plow a path with a front end loader through an avy slide area so I could get home. Lake Mary road for those of you that know about Mammoth Lakes and the twin lakes basin...

You know what really grinds my gears? Too much WIND. And grey skies for more than a day or two.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
I used to be director of youth ministry at my church (i've since moved into more of a leadership role), and my name is Don but some people call me Donnie (mostly family and people that knew my sister before they met me). So DDonnie = Director Donnie

wesman43

Apr 30, 2013
Metsämies said:
"Metsämies"

I am from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, so like a lot of "Yoopers" I have Finnish ancestry.
Growing up I spent more time at my hunting camp and in the woods than I did at home lol.
That is why I am "Metsämies" Finnish for "Forest Man"

YESSSS. FINALLY ANOTHER YOOPER :3

I have a cottage up there, near Curtis actually...about 20mi from manistique.

My parents always called me wesman growing up, of was my nickname, and 43 is just a random number so nothing special there

May 5, 2013
I have some terrible spinal issues and am a medical marijuana patient. Most other forums my user name is SmokeyMcBong! But that name has gotten me banned from many sites just after my intro thread. Since there are few TB forums and I'm sure I'll need the info eventually, I went with SmokeyMcBlazer instead. I think it still works.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
SmokeyMcBlazer said:
I have some terrible spinal issues and am a medical marijuana patient. Most other forums my user name is SmokeyMcBong! But that name has gotten me banned from many sites just after my intro thread. Since there are few TB forums and I'm sure I'll need the info eventually, I went with SmokeyMcBlazer instead. I think it still works.

TV might ban you, but you are cool here.....

.....For the moment :biggrin:

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Aarkon was a name from the first fable game i used to play constantly and now i use it for everything even my plates.

GMbo

Dec 15, 2013
I just signed up today - this is my first post so this is just sort of an experiment to see how this is done so here we go - ready for a mental exercise? "GMbo"? - if you say "GM" real fast it sort of sounds like "JIM" (which is my name). So "GMbo" sounds like "JIMbo" which some people call me! Clever uh...? (be easy I'm new) - seriously the information I've already gained from this site before I sign up has saved my $$$! Hope I can contribute something now - thanks to all concerned .... GMbo

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
GMbo said:
I just signed up today - this is my first post so this is just sort of an experiment to see how this is done so here we go - ready for a mental exercise? "GMbo"? - if you say "GM" real fast it sort of sounds like "JIM" (which is my name). So "GMbo" sounds like "JIMbo" which some people call me! Clever uh...? (be easy I'm new) - seriously the information I've already gained from this site before I sign up has saved my $$$! Hope I can contribute something now - thanks to all concerned .... GMbo

Welcome to the Nation! :thumbsup:

Charley12

Mar 23, 2013
My Daughters name is Charlotte, i call her Charley and she was born in Dec of 2012. Thus came Charley12

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome to the Nation....

305_jimbo_beer.gif

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
GMbo said:

I got the name right away. And for me - like the old saying goes, I don't care what you call me as long as it's not late for dinner.

I too gathered a bunch of info from the site. And WAY too many ideas to spend money on. But hey, it'll be fun.

Chicago5

Jan 25, 2014
Big Timber, MT
Hey guys. My username, Chicago5, is inspired by my grandpa and his brother. When Grandpa was 12 and his brother 14, they were turned out to fend for themselves. The idea of two boys living on the streets of Chicago, hustling to survive, always intrigued me. The "5" is for the number of people in my family; wife, three daughters, and of course, me.

Gix1k4

Feb 9, 2014
It's a carry over from when I was into sportbikes...

Gix is short for Gixxer, which is biker speak for a Suzuki Gsx-R, 1k is for 1000cc engine and k4 is 2004 model year. I also go by RedNotch on other forums, which comes from my electric red '93 Mustang coupe....or notchback.

AquaLady

Feb 12, 2014
Mine is due to me being an aquarium addict and im a lady. I love sea life and have a degree in marine biology. Plus I like Aqualad, the new young one in the toon Young Justice. It'll be something if I was an Aquarius but im a Virgo.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
AquaLady said:
Mine is due to me being an aquarium addict and im a lady. I love sea life and have a degree in marine biology. Plus I like Aqualad, the new young one in the toon Young Justice. It'll be something if I was an Aquarius but im a Virgo.

Yay. ..u made it here.

manwellafsp

Mar 8, 2014
Manwell is my last name and afsp stands for Air Force Security Police which is what I was in a prior life time. Still use the handle for everything.

revamp

Dec 22, 2011
Mansfield, TX
The_Roadie said:
Much later, I was the volunteer sound engineer and roadie, for the
world's only Moody Blues cover band, called Odyssey, from Portland,
Oregon. Only together for three years (1996-8), Odyssey had a few
dozen gigs around the northwest, and opened for the Kingsmen once. But
half the band had day jobs, so it was only a few nights a month and
local weekend gigs that everybody could play.

I know this is an older post, and I am just now seeing this... I am verifying, but my uncle either knew Odyssey, or may have even had a part in it...

So, the name revamp. Originally, I started Revamp Magazine (Revamp Magazine Online) in Oregon, but I changed directions with it, although not alive at the moment. I beat out Revamp Magazine LA in web traffic and they gave up. I eventually was able to acquire revampmag.com. I later bought a bunch of domain names using revamp to dominate the name online.

The word revamp stuck, and worked and look well as a screen name... the rest is history!

:thumbsup:

nieman88

Mar 10, 2014
I absolutely loved reading a few of the threads. One of these days Ill go through the whole thing.

Well, my username is my dogs name and the year I was born.
Nieman is by far the coolest dog around. We've had dogs before but Nieman is mine and he knows it.

View attachment 33224

Attachments

• colage.jpg
    colage.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 15

dbrow6272

Dec 23, 2012
Simply put, dbrow6272--first initial of my first name and first 4 letters of my last name, and my street numbers.:thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online