Exhaust

Skov18

Original poster
May 27, 2012
Can anyone tell me what size the stock pipes in and out of the stock muffler are? I'm lookin to swap in an aftermarket muffler to get some sound out of the TB. I just wanna make sure I get the right size. I've looked here and on TV but I couldn't really find a definitive answer. Found what the SS measurements are but wasn't sure if they are the same. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
Skov18 said:
Can anyone tell me what size the stock pipes in and out of the stock muffler are? I'm lookin to swap in an aftermarket muffler to get some sound out of the TB. I just wanna make sure I get the right size. I've looked here and on TV but I couldn't really find a definitive answer. Found what the SS measurements are but wasn't sure if they are the same. Your help is greatly appreciated.

3" in and 2.75" out

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
:iagree: Flowmaster 50 series sounds nice as well, IMO

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
03TB93 said:
:iagree: Flowmaster 50 series sounds nice as well, IMO
You have a sound clip/Video

Skov18 said:
Thanks guys. Now I just have to decide what muffler to get.
Magnaflow
[video=youtube;XchQWotDeHQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XchQWotDeHQ[/video]
Gibson
[video=youtube;42A0lRs3hbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42A0lRs3hbM[/video]

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
you know with that gibson everything sounded good till that last shot...it sounded a bit ricer to me...like if no one looks they wouldn't think it was a truck you know. The magna flow its much better at giving a v8 sound to me :yes:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
:iagree: w/Sam...

but thats expected of an I6... Remember, the OP has the 5.3 V8... so with a magnaflow, or the like, its going to sound different then your vids... but cool vids :thumbsup:

Skov18

Original poster
May 27, 2012
Anybody got any suggestions on a muffler? I can get a 4x9x14 Magnaflow on the Bay for $71 shipped. That's the leader in the clubhouse right now. I was also thinking Flowmaster Super 50 but haven't seen or heard anyone with one of them yet. I want it to be decently loud outside but not loud on the inside.

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
Boricua SS said:
:iagree: w/Sam...

but thats expected of an I6... Remember, the OP has the 5.3 V8... so with a magnaflow, or the like, its going to sound different then your vids... but cool vids :thumbsup:

THey arn't my videos....

I thought he had an I6 sorry

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Ive got a 50 series man but im just an i6. So i cant really tel you for sure, but im sure itd be awesome on the V8.. Id buy another one if i ever got a new truck. If your ever up by Bel Air, let me know and we can meet and ill show you how it sounds :thumbsup: Sorry, i dont know how to upload videos :crazy:

Skov18

Original poster
May 27, 2012
So I've watched a bunch of videos on YouTube of V8 TrailBlazers with exhaust/mufflers. Most were SSs but I can't imagine mine would sound much different. I'm gonna go with the Magnaflow 11229. I've already cut the resonator off. Anyone wanna talk me out of it?:biggrin:

Skov18

Original poster
May 27, 2012
Ok so after reading some more on the OS and TBSSowners, I'm back to undecided. Some people say the 11229 is really loud and some say it isn't that loud. It's hard to tell from YouTube videos. Would the 12229 be a better option? Anyone have it on a V8? I wish I was 21 instead of 31 and didn't care how loud it was. :frown:

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
What I would do is se if Magnaflow has a CatBack system for your ride, get the dimentions of that muffler used in the kit, then try and find the muffler.

Skov18

Original poster
May 27, 2012
Magnaflow cat back for the V8s comes with a resonator and people say it sounds just like the stock exhaust. Don't know if that would really work out.

oh05ext

Dec 7, 2011
just remember when you search on you tube for vids the 5.3 came in alot of trucks.plus if you dont like the sound you can always add a cherry bomb in afterwards to quiet it down some.i just cut off the resonator and am happy for now.it passed the wife test.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online