NEED HELP Exhaust question

dna59

Original poster
Nov 20, 2015
Belize
Got a quick question guys. My exhaust section after the muffler broke off due to crappy welding. I really don't want to go through the frustration of getting that piece remade and dealing with the horrible customer service of exhaust shops here. Is there any downside to just putting a turndown after the muffler. It's a stock muffler and the sound issue the cabin really hasn't changed to say it's louder. Thanks for m in advance for the help.

I_Shoot_Back

Feb 18, 2018
Ponoka
One should never leave the resonator on his trailblazer anyways :smile: Most of us cut that thing off first day of ownership. This is your truck telling you that you been slacking on the mods :crackup:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Quite a few here just lopped off the can and left it like that.

That should give you time to learn how to weld :biggrin:

Reactions: Redbeard

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I have had my exhaust dump via turn down in front of rear axle for couple years and never smelled exhaust or had any issues.

Reactions: Blckshdw

dna59

Original poster
Nov 20, 2015
Belize
After driving it missing that rear section I haven't noticed any negative effects besides a slight increase in exhaust sound inside. Ended up just doing a turn down before the rear axle. I'm trying not to put too much more money into this vehicle.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online