Exhaust Discussion

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Saturday, but first computer time since:

Replaced this rusty crap

With this stuff

I will get a pic of it installed since I forgot, but the difference is amazing. As the exhaust was rotting I did not realize how loud it had become with basically a straight pip setup over the past year or so. With the simple Magnaflow and turndown it sounds nice and clean with much less inside noise. Almost silent to my ears. We cut the old mounting bolts and pulled the rust out. Used a new flange gasket and bolted up new stuff, but to fit right with the dump we shorted it a couple inches and welded it right to the muffler exit. The mount on the magnaflow was for an ext, so I had to chop the part that slid in the rubber hanger off and weld it right to where the dump was attached. Fit right is and is nice and solid. It now dumps a few inches before the rear axle.

Would that be your original factory resonator?? I am planning on a resonator delete and adding a bent pipe kinda like the 2005, 2006 Yukons

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
No. It was a Hooker Aerochamber muffler put on in about 2009 that has been beaten and ripped on since. I cut the resonator off the back even before then.

I had previously had a pipe bent up and over the axle and exiting at a 45 behind the passenger tire with a 3.5 inch tip, but that got ripped off failing through some ice in a creek bed.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
No. It was a Hooker Aerochamber muffler put on in about 2009 that has been beaten and ripped on since. I cut the resonator off the back even before then.

I had previously had a pipe bent up and over the axle and exiting at a 45 behind the passenger tire with a 3.5 inch tip, but that got ripped off failing through some ice in a creek bed.

Ouch. How was the sound without the resonator. I love original engine sound of say my Dads Yukon and was hoping the TB could give me the same satisfaction when I start her up.

Ah the mod list keeps on growing :hopeless::hopeless::hopeless::hopeless:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It sounds the same without the resonator, but you will never get the v8 Yukon sounds from a I6

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
It sounds the same without the resonator, but you will never get the v8 Yukon sounds from a I6

Yaa but even a tad closer would be worth it. Cause the rust is eating up my resonator where it connects to the muffler. So instead of fixing it might as well get rid of it and enjoy a bit more Omph from the engine

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The resonator does not connect to the muffler???

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
The resonator does not connect to the muffler???

No no no... There are some holes around the area where the resonator and muffler are welded together. I guess that does mean the muffler may fall off whenever in feels like it :biggrin: . Dont have any pics at the moment but I will get some later hopefully

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The resonator and muffler are a few feet of pipe apart.

The resonator is at the rear bumper. The muffler is under the center of the truck.

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
The resonator and muffler are a few feet of pipe apart.

The resonator is at the rear bumper. The muffler is under the center of the truck.

Ohhhh is that so.:bonk: I thought the curved pipe after the resonator was the muffler. You live and you learn :2thumbsup:. Thanks or else I might have confused alot of people when I would go to do the resonator delete. LOLZ:duh:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
attachment.php

10 is the muffler and 18 is the resonator

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online