Violet/White Tach input | Cut – Handled by blade
Black Ground | Factory ground, cleaned
Orange Starter interrupt
Brown/Red brake + | Factory trailer prep controller box, white wire
Black/White neutral safety | Factory Ground
Brown siren out | included siren +
White/black flashing light (-) out | grey/black at headlight switch
White flashing light (+) out | CUT
Gray hood trigger pin | Hood trigger pin (shouldnt leave disconnected, but can)
Violet door trigger + | Cut/handled by blade
red/white trunk | cut
Black/Red Wire Light Relay N/O (+/-) Input |12 volt constant from ignition harness
Green/Violet Light Relay COM Output |Brown Accessory 2 in ignition harness

White/Red Light Relay N/C Input |CUT
Violet/Black Horn Relay N/O (+/-) Input
Blue/Black Horn Relay COM Output
Brown/Black Horn Relay N/C Input

Blade hook up -

orange - Data | OBDII Purple

The part that is bolded, im not sure if i can do that or not, but it looks like it will work if i program the brain to use that as an accessory, can anyone elaborate?

The part in blue, im not sure how to hook up, same with the part in red.

Also, is there anything that I am missing that needs to be connected?

1830 - http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...wYDAAQ&usg=AFQjCNEPcDp_xsqVlclxATpDA7pyq4HLZg

Blade - http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...t7kK4Vgau9a5HWXyM_kzw&bvm=bv.1354675689,d.aWc

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
dcmtnbkr said:
Orange Starter interrupt

That guy won't be needed. We have anti-grind FROM THE FACTORY!!!!:wootwoot:

dcmtnbkr said:
Black/Red Wire Light Relay N/O (+/-) Input |12 volt constant from ignition harness
Green/Violet Light Relay COM Output |Brown Accessory 2 in ignition harness

The part that is bolded, im not sure if i can do that or not, but it looks like it will work if i program the brain to use that as an accessory, can anyone elaborate?

The manual doesn't state how the brain will control that relay (it controls 85/86). Since it's intended for domelights I suspect it would energize the relay for a set duration (like 30 seconds) so it wouldn't be a good choice for acc2.

For acc2 looks like in the 3 pin port (blue) you can get acc (-) and use that to turn on a relay. For acc2 I use the alarms acc (-) for 86, constant B+ for 85, 30 to heavy gauge Red/White (in column harness) and 87 goes to acc2 (brown).

dcmtnbkr said:
Violet/Black Horn Relay N/O (+/-) Input
Blue/Black Horn Relay COM Output
Brown/Black Horn Relay N/C Input

If you want the horn to work when you use the alarm, Violet/Black to ground and Blue/Black to black/yellow in the column harness.

dcmtnbkr said:
Also, is there anything that I am missing that needs to be connected?

I feel like somethings missing. Maybe it's because the blade is doing a lot of functions internally.:undecided:

DDonnie

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012

Attachments

• 20121218_220815.jpg
    20121218_220815.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20121218_221001.jpg
    20121218_221001.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1

DDonnie

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Found this in the operation guide

Feature #2 - Light Relay Functions
Dome Light Output (press “arm/lock” button to program)- DEFAULT
Door Lock (press “disarm/unlock” button to program)
ignition Output (press “trunk” button to program)
Accessory Output (press “start” button to program)
The system has two built-in relays, which can be programmed to perform several different func-tions. The primary function of this relay, is to operate the vehicle’s dome, or interior lighting as
part of the system’s operations. Optionally, if desired or needed, this relay can be programmed to
be a door lock relay, or as medium-capacity ignition or accessory outputs (10A max), if needed for
remote starting use

DDonnie

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
In regards to the brown acc 2 wire

I've read some differing info on this wire, I've got an 04 TB ext and according to omega's tech support, this wire controls just the radio and windshield wipers (both things i'd rather not have activated with my RS). Does anybody know if there is anything else that it powers? If not, is it necessary to connect?

DDonnie

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Here is some info i found about the brown acc2 wire

2002 - 2003
Windshield wiper motor
BCM
Outside moisture sensor
DVD player

Windshield wiper motor
BCM
Outside moisture sensor

2005 - 2006
Windshield wiper motor
BCM
Outside moisture sensor
TCM (5.3L)

Windshield wiper motor
BCM
TCM (5.3L, 6.0L)

I'm not 100% sure if the radio is powered by this wire in a 2004 or not, as my radio's power is toggled by the wiper motor fuse, but either way it works for my application.

I did NOT connect the acc2 wire because i did not want my wipers or my stereo to come on when I'm not in the car in order to prevent damage to the wipers in case i accidentally leave them on. This did not cause any errors or engine codes and the truck starts just fine.

I got everything installed nicely and only took about 6 hours. Would have been less had i not accidentally cut through the main 12v connection in the ignition harness and had to go buy additional 12 gauge wire, t-taps, and more reliable insulation strippers.

For anybody attempting this install in the future, I would STRONGLY suggest using a regular pair of wire strippers to score the insulation in 2 spots about an inch apart and a razor blade to slit between the two scores. If you are using automatic strippers and dont have them properly adjusted, you can cut through your wire, which is a major pain in the arse. Also, i'd suggest having some extra 12ga wire and some t-taps, just in case.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online