NEED HELP EVAP Rollover Check Valve Failure (ICV),

Pygot

Original poster
Dec 6, 2019
RI
Hey yall,
So the mysterious EVAP code is coming from a failed Intake check valve also known as the rollover valve on the fuel tank. I have seen kits online by Dorman to fix this problem, however it says they are only for 2002-2004 year models. I have an 08 97x, does anyone know if
A) I can use the model for the 2002-2004
B) If I cant, are does anyone know any part numbers that will work and
C) Has anyone had this problem/ fixed it on post 2004 models?
Thanks
Here is a link to what I found that might work

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That kit was developed specifically for a defect in early EXT/XL tanks that would break at the inlet. Most were replaced by a special extended warranty that has since expired. Unless yours is broken and leaking, it should be fine.

Pygot

Original poster
Dec 6, 2019
RI
So I believe it is actually is broken as it is throwing an evap code for a small leak. I had my mechanic look at it then brought it to the dealer bc he didnt have the proper scan tool. The dealer seems to think it is the rollover valve bc when they smoke tested it they could see the leak coming from a small crack in the rollover valve. I think the link I found is the part I need, Im just checking to see if the intake check valve is the same thing as the rollover valve. To my knowledge it is. Thanks

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online