Erratic shifting c0055

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Code C0055 stands for Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit. Either the sensor or it's wiring is having an issue.

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
Depends on whether the problem is a faulty sensor or damaged wiring. Do you have a scan tool or app that can see real time data? If so, do you see a signal from the rear speed sensor? If so, the problem is most likely the signal itself, which would tend to indicate replacing the sensor. If *not*, check the wiring harness for any apparent damage, check the fuse, check for circuit continuity. If you find a problem in the wiring, fix it and see if it clears up your problem.

Good Luck!

(EDIT: Obviously I'm typing too slowly this weekend!)

Chris

Mr.cant.get.right

Original poster
Aug 16, 2020
Phoenix, az
Thx for the reply moose. Now, would I have to check the wiring through out the entire harness if the truck? Do you have any clue of what area I should start or pay closest attention too?

freddyboy61

Dec 4, 2011
#2 would be for the rear wheel speed

Attachments

• Speed_Sensors.gif
    Speed_Sensors.gif
    13.4 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: mrrsm

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
How often does the vss Go bad on 05 trailblazers? Is it a common issue?

More often wiring issues cause trouble, right down under the truck by the transfer case. For one of the other speed sensors down there (there are 3) there was a TSB describing how water would get into the wiring and foul up the signal. It requires a twisted pair of wires, twisted at a rate of 9 twists per foot if you have to repair any of it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Another possibility, if you have done anything with these sensors, is the front and rear sensor connectors were swapped accidentally. Seen it happen a couple of times when the transfer case has been replaced.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online