Envoy'06 side mirror memory malfunction

CajunWon

Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
Cary, NC
Is there a reset/reboot function on the Vehicle Personal Memory feature? Recently, when unlocking door with remote, or pressing Memory button 1, the Drivers Side Mirror flips-out and generally adjusts downward significantly. If no adjustment is made and pressing Button 1 again. The mirror flips again and adjusts to an even more downward position. Memory button 2 operates this same mirror normally. And both memory buttons operate the seat positions normally.
Is there some way to clear the memory settings?

Bow_Tied

Dec 21, 2014
London, ON
I presume you tried re-saving the memory for that button?

Bow_Tied

Dec 21, 2014
London, ON
and yet memory #2 works fine? That's weird. I wonder if the BCM needs to be reset.... Perhaps a battery disconnect? To be honest I am only guessing. It's hard to imagine that the mirror itself would operate differently between memory 1 & 2 so in my thinking it must be the source signal, which I presume is the BCM, that would be the culprit. I'd rule out the remotes as they otherwise work fine on memory #1 if I understood correctly. I wish I had more suggestions for you.

CajunWon

Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
Cary, NC
I like to be the #1 driver, but for now I'm using the #2 fob. All works fine as #2.
How to reset the BCM? Is this where disco battery and turn key to Start 30 seconds?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I believe the mirror memory positions, are stored in the respective door modules. To confirm, swap your door modules, and plug your mirrors into them, then try to recreate your issue. If the passenger side mirror now gets cockeyed, then you know your DDM is to blame.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
My memory saver on my 07 TB has never worked correctly in regards to reverting back to the saved position of the mirrors. Passenger mirror is all the way out and a little high while the driver's side is in and all the way up. This is after switching from memory #2 (The wife's) to memory #1 (mine). I have always had to manually adjust the mirrors after going back to my memory setting.

I have also had (3) different DDMs installed on my TB, yet the mirrors still perform the same.

CajunWon

Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
Cary, NC
My memory saver on my 07 TB has never worked correctly in regards to reverting back to the saved position of the mirrors. Passenger mirror is all the way out and a little high while the driver's side is in and all the way up. This is after switching from memory #2 (The wife's) to memory #1 (mine). I have always had to manually adjust the mirrors after going back to my memory setting.

I have also had (3) different DDMs installed on my TB, yet the mirrors still perform the same.
Lovely!
Looks like a not so easy fix. Since I'm driving 99.9%, I'll just be #2.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I have similar problems with mine. But mine aren't as drastic as yours. When I use my key fob , sometimes, my driver's side mirror will be slightly off at my passenger mirror won't. I don't know if it does that for both key fobs by know it does it for number 1.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Are you the only one that drives your truck?

If so, and you have the DIC, turn off seat memory recall, easy seat exit and curb mirror assist and nothing will move. If you're not the only driver, do the same thing and move everything manually or put up with it and hope it doesn't break something.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yasha

Members Online