Envoy yoke to control arm bolts

Traz

Original poster
Jan 10, 2018
Michigan
Hey guys I got a problem. I was putting in some new suspension in the front. My father in law was helping and he smacked out some bolts. The tips flattened the thread and now I can't put everything back together. The real problem is that I can't find new bolts and nuts for the yoke to control arm. Specifically the one that pinches the bottom of the strut.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• IMAG1094.jpg
    IMAG1094.jpg
    899.6 KB · Views: 13

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Take the bolts to a hardware store and get some replacements. They are probably grade 8 / metric 10.9. Side note - I found out that the upper ball joint pinch bolts, while they have metric heads, are actually standard SAE bolts. Talk about a brain twist when I was looking for a replacement after I messed one up. Not sure if they did that elsewhere, but if you look at the metric bolts and can't find one that matches the diameter etc, look at the standard bolts.

Reactions: Matt

Traz

Original poster
Jan 10, 2018
Michigan
Thanks sparky. It's been hell seeing my envoy sitting there. Not to mention I haven't been able to get to work

I'll be sure to take the yoke to the store to, make sure everything fits and is long enough

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If you could post the specs on those, would be useful in the future for someone.

Reactions: Mounce

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.