Envoy XUV with Matte Black SS rims 275/55 - Lots of Pics

Jovo

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Here are some of my most recent pics of my XUV with powder coated matte black rims I had done about 2 weeks ago. Tires are 275/55/20, just shy of 32".

photo7-Copy.jpg

photo6-Copy.jpg

photo5-Copy.jpg

photo3-Copy.jpg

photo1-Copy.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo8-Copy.jpg

photo4-2.jpg

photo9.jpg

Enjoy! Any questions, feel free to ask!

-Kris

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
:drooling: i freakin love that thing man. lol tires and wheels make the whole truck look amazing :thumbsup:

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
Kris, Nice pics man, that XUV's a beast :cool:

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
:thumbsup::salivate::thumbsup:

looking awesome

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Thought I was the only XUV around here sporting a V8.. And a silver one at that.. Damnit... Just when I thought I had something unique around here..

Looks good man.. Not a fan of the murder look. But it still looks good.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Nice :thumbsup: I also like that you blacked out the chrome roof pieces :yes: IMO those things make the XUVs stand out, but not in a good way.

Code Red

Dec 11, 2011
just a wee bit beefy

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
It's looks ok, but I'm not a fan of the "blacked out" look on non-black vehicles...
If it were me, I would've gone with a silver / gray powder coat to match the paint... there's just too much black in that wheel well... IMO.

But as I've said before to others, it's YOUR truck and if YOU like it, that's what matters at the end of the day... :thumbsup:

Jovo

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Thanks for the feedback fellas, I really appreciate it. I blacked out the chrome roof pieces to give it a different look, and to differentiate myself.
Next on the list is removing the amber lense in my headlights, and fixing my midgate window regulator. That should be a good time :crazy:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Jovo said:
Thanks for the feedback fellas, I really appreciate it. I blacked out the chrome roof pieces to give it a different look, and to differentiate myself.
Next on the list is removing the amber lense in my headlights, and fixing my midgate window regulator. That should be a good time :crazy:

Hey kris let me know how the lense removal goes. i wanna do that as well. R u planning on replacing it with a different color one?? and r u gonna DIY?
Good luck man

Jovo

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
03TB93 said:
Hey kris let me know how the lense removal goes. i wanna do that as well. R u planning on replacing it with a different color one?? and r u gonna DIY?
Good luck man

You got it man, I'll definetely keep you updated. Yea I plan on doing it myself, not that hard of a project really. There's a couple of write ups on how others went about doing them. I'm just going to pull them, if I kike tge way it looks without out, I'll keep it. If not, theyll get painted a black finish.

04xuv

Dec 3, 2011
Jovo said:

the midgate is super easy. took me and a friend about 30-35 minutes. let me know if you have any questions.

i've been thinking about blacking out my roof pieces as well. i hate chrome. after seeing yours, i'm sure i'll do it. looks pretty good.

Jovo

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
04xuv said:
the midgate is super easy. took me and a friend about 30-35 minutes. let me know if you have any questions.

i've been thinking about blacking out my roof pieces as well. i hate chrome. after seeing yours, i'm sure i'll do it. looks pretty good.

That's good to hear about the midgate, I'll let you know thanks.

The smaller piece of the chrome tops was easier to remove, the larger piece alot the back end was a pain. Be careful with the clips, there all along the entire piece. Very easy to snap off.

04xuv

Dec 3, 2011
Jovo said:
That's good to hear about the midgate, I'll let you know thanks.

The smaller piece of the chrome tops was easier to remove, the larger piece alot the back end was a pain. Be careful with the clips, there all along the entire piece. Very easy to snap off.

honestly, i never thought about removing them. just gonna tape and plasti-dip.
and if you haven't bought one yet, i got my regulator from ft. worth auto on ebay: $95 + shipping. got it
pretty fast, too.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online