Envoy XUV review by Saabkyle04

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Would have been a good review 12 years ago!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yeah but where did he find a 100k truck that looks brand new except for the radio buttons? That thing is immaculate.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Would have been a good review 12 years ago!

You have to wonder...unless he reviews vehicles he liked before he grew up and YouTube had arrived. While I liked his attention to detail (sometimes *too* much so), why would anyone do this kind of review for something that hasn't been produced in 11yrs (the XUV was dropped in 2005), unless perhaps they were selling it (and even then, you wouldn't make a 23 minute video on it)

Yeah but where did he find a 100k truck that looks brand new except for the radio buttons? That thing is immaculate.

Again, Mooseman captures my thoughts exactly. Even the undercarriage looks brand new. The first XUV I've *ever* seen with the V8, as well. Leather is somewhat of a rarity as well on these, IMHO.

Interesting that, like the cloth interior between the XUV and the other 'Voys, the leather seats had different inserts. Kind of makes you wonder why GM went to the expense of making different seats for the XUV, unless they wanted to highlight how 'different' it was.

I liked the concept when it came out; I remember seeing it in magazine ads, and being 'amazed' by it (being a little young to remember Studebaker's Wagonaire). Wasn't driving SUVs at that point in my life, so I didn't have an urge to go test drive one then.

dkvasnicka

Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
Czech republic, Europe
i really don't like his reviews all that much.

Yeah, I liked his reviews a lot more back when he was doing shorter clips on cars that were actually potentially accessible for me. I mean, a 40 min video on Bentley Bentayga... yeah, cool :eyebrowhuh: That's why I like it when he occasionally does a video on an older car/truck. Oh, and I totally digg his grandpa's Grand Marquis with Borla exhaust :smile:

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
TBCH I never understood the XUV from a business standpoint and a consumer standpoint.

It was a one off vehicle based on the GMT 370 Platform with a lot of parts not used across the platform. Not good for business to have a loose shoe like that.

Consumer Standpoint has to say it looks ugly compared to a regular Envoy XL or Trailblazer EXT. I have seen a lot of these here in Saudi and if you are a guy owning an XUV, you will be given weird looks. Although I remember someone saying that you could take the back glass panels or something.

Never really understood why GM went through all the trouble to make these XUVs

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Trying to find a niche market that didn't pan out I would guess. Just like the Aztek. :puke:

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

Nexus1155

Jan 26, 2012
it's funny because if it is not an XL or XUV or SS I think these trucks look weird as shit and are useless. I thought the XUV looked like a big penis for a while, but after tuning it and adding an e-fan. This thing is great!

I can fit a full engine hoist in the back closed up with engine and a car on a tow dolly and have no issues with my xuv. You can't do that in any other vehicle...

http://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/project-codename-big-bertha.10959/

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I didn't mean to say the XUV was ugly but the Aztek, unless your name is Walter White :satan:

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
it's funny because if it is not an XL or XUV or SS I think these trucks look weird as shit and are useless. I thought the XUV looked like a big penis for a while, but after tuning it and adding an e-fan. This thing is great!

Umm...sorry...but I'm failing to see the phallic resemblance? Of course the XUV (XL, EXT, etc) are larger than the SWB... :thumbsup: And now that you have the e-fan...well, it blows for a different reason now, eh? (sorry...couldn't help myself)

I can fit a full engine hoist in the back closed up with engine and a car on a tow dolly and have no issues with my xuv. You can't do that in any other vehicle...

And this is why I like the idea of the XUV, as well - the potential utility of the vehicle.
To use your example - you couldn't stand up the hoist in a pickup w/ cap...and while you could do that in an open bed... well, now you're potentially dealing with weather and theft, right?

I'll add to that the idea that with the two rear doors providing access to the cargo area (true of all GMT360 / 370s), that it's a bit easier to unload vs. crawling in the back of a pickup bed with cap installed to get something from the front of the area.

I didn't mean to say the XUV was ugly but the Aztek, unless your name is Walter White :satan:

As someone who came late to BB (but was able to binge watch it as a result) - I think one of the reasons they used that pea soup green Aztek was to further hammer home how 'sad' or 'pathetic' Walt's life was, pre-Blue Sky. I put 'sad' and 'pathetic' in quotes, of course, because the post-transition Walt was even worse in the end (but we all enjoyed watching the journey, I'm sure - some, perhaps, vicariously) :satan:

A bit off-topic... before BB, I couldn't tell you who Bryan Cranston was if you held a gun to my head. But I've taken much more of an interest in his career after seeing him in this series. Props for his LBJ performance recently on HBO, IMHO. Haven't seen his new movie yet, however.

dkvasnicka

Original poster
Jul 24, 2015
Czech republic, Europe
TBCH I never understood the XUV from a business standpoint and a consumer standpoint.

I think it's perfect for a home/house-owner with general DIY inclination and kids and possibly domestic animals like dogs (much better cleanability of the cargo area compared to regular Envoys and such)... It's like a smaller and more versatile Avalanche. Perfect :smile:

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
I think it's perfect for a home/house-owner with general DIY inclination and kids and possibly domestic animals like dogs (much better cleanability of the cargo area compared to regular Envoys and such)... It's like a smaller and more versatile Avalanche. Perfect :smile:

To each his own :smile:. I would like a review of the Trailblazer and Envoy, a more in depth one than the current one he has on his channel

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.