Envoy/Trailblazer specific Torque add-on?

TimRXUV777

Original poster
May 6, 2014
Hi,

Purchased the Torque app and an add-on or two.. Racemeter and Fuel Economy and saw that there are specific add-ons for Fiat and some other cars. Has anyone produced a GMT360/370 add on? It looks like the Fiat one has a lot of Fiat specific parameters that it can show the owner. Also, any tips on using this app to it's best advantage on our trucks? So far it has paired with the sending unit and seems to be working fine and it turned up no codes, which is what I expected.

TimRXUV777

Original poster
May 6, 2014
One other unrelated question.. I see it now and I have seen it before.. why does it look like there are 3 versions of Darkrider_LS online right now? i have seen the same thing show up for other moderators of this site? Does it have something to do with the various sections they might be logged onto?

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
settings -> Manage extra PIDs/Sensors -> Add predefined set -> Pontiac / GM / Opel / Vauxhall

that's the only trailblazer type thing I know for torque

Reactions: dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
TimRXUV777 said:
One other unrelated question.. I see it now and I have seen it before.. why does it look like there are 3 versions of Darkrider_LS online right now? i have seen the same thing show up for other moderators of this site? Does it have something to do with the various sections they might be logged onto?
Your question will be better addressed in the site support thread listed below. I believe that question has already been asked somewhere in the thread.

http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/10477-consolidated-site-upgrade-issues-list/

bobdec

Apr 19, 2013
Blazing, The extended PID list for $9.95 looks pretty entailed http://www.palmerperformance.com/support/supported_vehicles/gm_enhanced.php .Did you purchase it. If so have you seen if they are all there. EG: I particularity looking for actual and commanded fan speed for our problem prone fan system and also AC pressure which is a great help for those w/o gauges. Also have you tried the ABS and Air Bag and transmission stuff. For 10 bucks it's worth the try, may just order it and do some testing.

bobdec

Apr 19, 2013
Quick update , opened Dash Command account, clicked buy, it then allowed looking at extended PIDS for '07 GM vehicles. They were very limited only about 20 or so. Nothing like the url that listed 2100 PIDs . The GM extended PIDs were misfire history, counts, etc. that are avail on Torque. I understand you can't much for $10.00. I was looking for an inexpensive tool to help others on the forum diagnose problems. The actual dash stuff does looks better than torque.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Does the free version of Dash Command read ABS codes? Or you gotta pay for it to get that. The ABS and parking brake lights are on, in my dad's 04 Ascender, and the DIC says service brake system. He tried getting it scanned at O'Reilly's but no luck.

I sent him an ELM327 sometime last year and he's got Torque, although I don't think he's ever used it. Lookin for some options that don't involve him having to pay for a stealership diagnostic.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Blckshdw said:
Does the free version of Dash Command read ABS codes? Or you gotta pay for it to get that. The ABS and parking brake lights are on, in my dad's 04 Ascender, and the DIC says service brake system. He tried getting it scanned at O'Reilly's but no luck.

I sent him an ELM327 sometime last year and he's got Torque, although I don't think he's ever used it. Lookin for some options that don't involve him having to pay for a stealership diagnostic.
Does his blower motor still work? (ignition switch ruled out?)

Mooseman talks good about car gauge pro reading abs and body codes but free version won't do anything.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
For $5, you can't go wrong with Car Gauge Pro. And no, I don't work for them or anything. I liked it before I got my Tech 2. Reads everything.

Unfortunately, it seems to do that with GM only. Try to read Honda and Ford codes other than P codes, no dice.

Reactions: Blckshdw

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Blckshdw said:

There is no free version It is $20 and well worth it imo. To answer your question though it does read and Clear abs codes :smile:

Reactions: Blckshdw

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
BlazingTrails said:
There is no free version It is $20 and well worth it imo. To answer your question though it does read and Clear abs codes :smile:
Was only $8.95 when I got it back in July.
Nope my bad. That was torque.

Car gauge pro does read all the modules though.
You can see is scanning through them all as it scans.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I may try Car Gauge Pro myself. Turns out my dad lost the blue tooth adapter I sent him :hopeless:

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
I'm still trying to get Car Gauge Pro to work. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, but it won't connect and show live data. It will scan, but I have not tried it when there was a fault. May to induce one and see what it shows.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
C-ya said:
I'm still trying to get Car Gauge Pro to work. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, but it won't connect and show live data. It will scan, but I have not tried it when there was a fault. May to induce one and see what it shows.
Pop your IAT sensor from the intake. Couple of drive cycles, and the CEL will come on. :twocents:

Reactions: C-ya

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It might have issues connecting to your particular BT module. I have a cheap eBay ELM327.

*** Moved this thread to the scan tools section***

smokey262

Sep 15, 2013
Grimor said:
settings -> Manage extra PIDs/Sensors -> Add predefined set -> Pontiac / GM / Opel / Vauxhall

that's the only trailblazer type thing I know for torque
OK, so I followed that path and see all of the data that is available to monitor, how do you go about actually seeing live data?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
smokey262 said:
OK, so I followed that path and see all of the data that is available to monitor, how do you go about actually seeing live data?
From the main menu, tap on 'Realtime Information' this puts you on your dashboard. Tap and hold on an open area, and you'll get a pop up option to add a display, or hit your phone's menu button and add a display that way. Should be pretty intuitive from there, the rest is personal preference and your own creativity. :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.