Envoy Towing and Brake Controller Updates.

c good

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Hi All,
Towing the Geo Pro G14K was pretty much a breeze. Got the Voyager controller installed. Picked up the trailer this morning at 10:30 am and made th 115 mile trek home from Burbank to N. San Diego. Not many big grades so didn't have a chance to really test it. But...I kept in 3rd and cruised 60-65 the whole way home. RPM running around 2500. No overheating indicators at all. I know the guage isn't a true temp guage but it never went over the traditional 210 degree mark.

The junkyard Voyager controller performed perfectly and after getting it adjusted in quick order was very helpful driving in Los Angeles traffic. All in all a successful venture.

Thanks to everyone for your wisdom and input. Will keep you posted on my adventures! Cam (c good)

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Congrats on your new TT. Hope you have many safe travels with it. May I suggest one more thing for safety, a TPMS system. I know we loathe them on our trucks but on an RV, they are a life saver, especially with the barely load rated China Bombs they come with. Watch your tires like a hawk.

Reactions: Tankcruiser

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online