Envoy Power Steering pump question

NT1078

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
Hi All,
Something just happened today at lunch. My power steering ceases to work at lower RPM. When slowing down to turn a corner, the power steering is non existent. When the rev's are a bit higher, power steering function returns to normal. Do you think its' the pump? That is my #1 suspect right now...

Thanks!
Adam

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I agree in general, but how many miles do you have. Ever flushed or renewed the fluid? Belt and tension OK? Any warning noises after the last few weeks? Checked for pinched tubing down near the power steering cooler in front of the lower edge of the radiator?

I'd do the fluid first, especially if it's over 100K and you've never touched it.

NT1078

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
100 percent correct. Mechanic at work drained it, then added steering conditioner (Lucas) then refilled with fresh fluid. Steering is back to normal, thanks!

NT1078

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
The_Roadie said:
You work at a place with your own mechanic? :confused: :wootwoot: :thumbsup:

Lol, yup. Large construction company. We have a full service shop including hoists with two mechanics for looking after our fleet vehicles. :thumbsup:

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
NT1078 said:
Lol, yup. Large construction company. We have a full service shop including hoists with two mechanics for looking after our fleet vehicles. :thumbsup:

What outrage is this? All I get is free popsicles all day :rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online