Envoy Navigation Unit

TimRXUV777

Original poster
May 6, 2014
Hi,

My Envoy originally came with a Navigation Head Unit (RPO codes say it started out with one).. but some joker swapped in a regular 6 disk changer unit. What is the newest NAV unit that will fit in my truck? Anything newer in another GMC vehicle, Acadia? fit and plug n play? Or am I stuck with trying to find a 2008/2009 unit inexpensively? Already checked prices on Ebay, they are going for over $300 there???? WTF? Anyone know where I can get one at a reasonable price? How about the NAV DVD 2.0 what is the newest DVD that will work in our Envoys? Those things are going for over $140 on ebay??? Know an inexpensive source for those?

Thanks,

Tim

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
The head's not cheap, but if you think those prices are bad try pricing one from even a discount parts source.... it's like the ultimate weight-loss program, you'll lose at least a pound worth of $50-bills. I'm looking at one on a site which sells Genuine GM at a discount... $1500-$1900, depending on the model needed (there's 2 listed). This is a savings of $700-900 from list.

The nav disc is also expensive as they pay some fools to actually go out and research and map this stuff up. An updated map on a Tom Tom, or Garmin, etc. etc. can be stupidly expensive too if you don't have some plan for free updates for life or something.

If you really want nav, you're gonna have to just suck it up and open your wallet. They aren't cheap for a reason, and that reason is because new they're EVEN MORE expensive. Heck, the 6-CD head unit isn't cheap either. Maybe you can sell that back off to recover some of your costs. And apparently there is a way to link up an external 6-CD player taken from a fullsize GM, which would mean being able to retain 6-CD functionality while having the nav disc in.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
TimRXUV777 said:
thanks for the info, your last sentence got cut off?
I think I may have meant to delete the last sentence. If it was important I can't really recall it, looking over my post I appear to have gotten all the initial info I wanted to put out in there.

TimRXUV777

Original poster
May 6, 2014
Thanks. Anyone know how to hook up that remote CD Changer? Does it have to be an original factory install/RPO code install for it to be easy? Does it take a lot of wiring?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chadla11

Members Online