WANTED Envoy Drivers Seat Bottom, Leather, Heated, Grey

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
My drivers seat is getting worn out. The leather is holding up OK, but the foam is loosing its support badly, and the stitching is coming out.

Let me know what you have, or what other options I may have.

Thanks

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
My Envoy is now going on 15 years old with 400k+ km on it. All of the leather seats save for the driver's are in pristine condition. My bottom seat heater has been gone for ages (though the back still works). I've had a replacement heater pad waiting to go in for a long time. At one time I had located a source for the seat foam, but because those guys said they couldn't match the factory leather I never got around to pursuing it.

For you, whose leather is still in good shape, getting the foam and the hardware/tool kit might be just what you need. I just checked though and they no longer seem to offer even the foam, but may be worth an enquiry.

https://www.theseatshop.com/

These guys seem to still offer the leather though, so maybe I better get off my ass :smile:
https://leather-auto-seats.com/product-category/gmc/envoy/

Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
+1 ---^--- with @WarGawd...

Recently... I memorialized the complete Leather Seat and Foam Cushion R&R in my 2000 Chevrolet Silverdao 1500 in another Thread here at GMTN and used "The Seat Shop" for an OEM Quality Foam Replacement... and ANOTHER company for the Full Set of Dark Gray Leather Seat Covers... they can be found at www.usautoseatcover.com.

What is interesting is that you can actually also get a Brand New, Matched Color OEM Leather Bottom (sans the Foam Seat Cushion) from them without having to get the entire set for around $85.00 to $100.00 with Free S&H that is of a VERY High Quality.

I am attaching a link to my "Flickr-Bucket" so you can look over the dis-assembly--re-assembly images and get a look at both the Foam Cushion and the final results after I finished the job. There will be very few differences in the materials, hardware and procedures involved for your vehicle:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126111508@N07/albums/72157702339632665

31798564898_627527441d_z.jpg45620358082_19f4f50c4c_z.jpg45221610682_8e06ff3dc9_z.jpg45221610482_e4ba0239be_z.jpg43614631080_d7cd1b3d15_z.jpg

Reactions: WarGawd

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
<snip>
... and ANOTHER company for the Full Set of Dark Gray Leather Seat Covers... they can be found at www.usautoseatcover.com.

What is interesting is that you can actually also get a Brand New, Matched Color OEM Leather Bottom (sans the Foam Seat Cushion) from them without having to get the entire set for around $85.00 to $100.00 with Free S&H that is of a VERY High Quality.

Just checked...seems they do NOT offer the seat leather for any of the GMT360 platform vehicles (TB, Envoy, Rainier etc) :no:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Damn... EVERY Industry seems to abandon the GMT360s... or so it seems...

If the Leather Problem can be reduced to just replacing the Driver's Side Leather Seat Cover... When time permits... Please shoot an image of the Seat Cushion of your vehicle and post it back up here... I have an idea that if it pans out for color and design I'll explore another possibility ...once you do that. ;>)

Also... any decent local Auto Upholstery Shop can salvage even the worst of Failed Foam Cushions using a New Foam Plank comparable in "bounce" and Quality to the GM OEM version ... some Spray 3M #74 Foam Adhesive (available on Amazon)... and a regular Electric Carving Knife and a Sander to do a very effective job of the rejuvenation and re-shaping of a Broken Down Seat Cushion. Here is How THAT task can get done:

3MFOAMFASTSPRAYADHESIVE.jpg

Reactions: Blckshdw

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online