ENVOY.... Do I have a SLT or SLE??

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Does anyone know what tee differences between the 2 trim level are??. I thought I had a SLT but now thinking my trim level is the SLE. Reason being is subtle. Like a lot of SLT's have woodgrain interior pieces mine is the "carbon fiber" look. Some other differences too. Any idears?? I just wanna know that's all.

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
silvernclean said:
Does anyone know what tee differences between the 2 trim level are??. I thought I had a SLT but now thinking my trim level is the SLE. Reason being is subtle. Like a lot of SLT's have woodgrain interior pieces mine is the "carbon fiber" look. Some other differences too. Any idears?? I just wanna know that's all.

Probably an SLE I have carbon fiber. Is the shift handle regular plastic? Cheap looking? If so, You have an SLE. Also, some SLT have leather do you? or cloth?

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Shifter
6c64002e-6164-f18e.jpg

Buttons and such
6c64002e-6188-5dc7.jpg
I painted them tho

I have leather interior

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
silvernclean said:
Shifter
6c64002e-6164-f18e.jpg

Buttons and such
6c64002e-6188-5dc7.jpg
I painted them tho

It looks like you have an SLE, A later model that is. But I am not forsure. I like the paint! What did you use? How is the lowered ride vs stock? Stiffer?

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Mine also came with outside chrome door handles. I could carfax this but don't wanna pay to find out. Its not that big of an issue. Id just like to know.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I have an SLT and the inside looks nothing like that. My window buttons are huge, both front windows are auto up and down so I dont have to hold the button to roll it down. Umm... I have wood grain but not on the shifter knob. I also have heated leather and memory seats, power moon roof, upgraded BOSE sound system...I know on the OS I had them run my VIN and my truck is considered a Denali edition but it isn't a Denali?? lol.

I wonder if your carbon fiber look a like interior is just based off the exterior color? I also do not have wood grain steering wheel. I know in the SLE you only get the drivers seat as a power seat, or at least thats what I found when testing them out, and as an SLT I have power seats on both. I have most everything besides the DVD player and the button that moves the gas and brake pedals. I don't even know what SLE/SLT stand for lol I thought it was something like Standard Leather Edition?

Would a car fax tell you what your truck is? <---- NVM you beat me to it lol

And no wonder why my interior looks nothing like yours lol you painted it. Looks good!

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Thas another thing I have bose too. This is weird?? Just hope they didn't sell me the sle for the slt price. Lil late now. Lol

I also have a power moonroof and the one touch window down. But I also have a denali grille. Hmmmmm.....

Power seats on both sides.....

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Wiki Answers-

Differences between the SLE and SLT. Body-color moldings come with SLE and brushed nickel with SLT. Inside, the SLE gets cloth seats and splashes of that brushed nickel on the console and instrument panel, while the SLT gets leather and wood with nickel trim rings. The driver gets an eight-way power adjustable seat with SLE; both driver and passenger with SLT.
Seat position memory (including the heated outside mirrors) is standard on the SLT and heated seats are optional; neither are available with SLE. SLT also adds headlamp washers, driver information center, TravelNote digital recorder, rain-sensing wipers, light-sensitive outside mirrors with turn signals, and more controls on the steering wheel.
SLE and SLT come with the same radio/CD sound system, with the SLT including rear seat jacks and controls. Upgraded systems are optional for both models, but only the SLT can get the Bose premium system.
2002 GMC Envoy

Read more: What is the difference in gmc envoy slt and sle

I have everything they listed here in the SLT package. My molding was also brushed nickel, but took it all off. But I have all these on my truck.

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
wow. lol Now with the SLT I dont believe SLE has an option for Leather or bose. I beleive now that you have an SLT but with the denali grille those only come with Denali's. Either somebody Got a Mod bug before you got your truck. lol with Denali's I beleive they all had wood trim?

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Do you have a pic of the denali grille? I had a completely different chromed out grille on my truck, but it was switched out due to a slight accident at the dealership :hissyfit: and I got the black plastic one from the dealership.

Looked at your album. I had the same grille on mine, or at least the inside was chrome instead of black plastic as it is now. Someone ran the front end into a BRAND spanking new 2012 Terrain and killed the grille and the dealership slapped this one on it that I have now, but left my front fender bent and scaved down to the metal. It all happened before I bought the truck though. I only seen a pic of the chrome grille on my truck, didn't get to see it first hand. When I drove it, there was no grille lol

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
03envoy said:
It looks like you have an SLE, A later model that is. But I am not forsure. I like the paint! What did you use? How is the lowered ride vs stock? Stiffer?

I used the duplicolor galaxy silver. Sanded the shit outta them and paint them clear. Lowered ride is very nice. My stock suspension was definately wore out .... so really can't say how much better than stock. It is stiffer and corners very nice.

Voymom said:
Do you have a pic of the denali grille? I had a completely different chromed out grille on my truck, but it was switched out due to a slight accident at the dealership :hissyfit: and I got the black plastic one from the dealership.

I know i don't have a denali but do have the grille. Denali came with only the 5.3. And yes here's a pic.
6c64002e-68c2-121c.jpg

03envoy said:
wow. lol Now with the SLT I dont believe SLE has an option for Leather or bose. I beleive now that you have an SLT but with the denali grille those only come with Denali's. Either somebody Got a Mod bug before you got your truck. lol with Denali's I beleive they all had wood trim?

I have all the trim levels in my truck I guess. Lol. My truck I believe was in an accident b4 I got it. Reason being: over spray under headlight housing...some poor welding under the bumper cover (didnt clean up the weld) and found masking tape all over the truck. I Don't have one prob with anything on my truck at all. It rides and drives nice. The gap between door and fender on driver side is not the ame all the way down. So new fender I imagine. But overall I love my truck.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
I have all the trim levels in my truck I guess. Lol. My truck I believe was in an accident b4 I got it. Reason being: over spray under headlight housing...some poor welding under the bumper cover (didnt clean up the weld) and found masking tape all over the truck. I Don't have one prob with anything on my truck at all. It rides and drives nice. The gap between door and fender on driver side is not the ame all the way down. So new fender I imagine. But overall I love my truck.

Now, did you have a SLE/SLT sticker thing on the pillars? I know my truck still has the dull plastic crap in the pillars and we have a SLT sticker on the bottom of it. I think there is a pic of it. But to me it sounds like you have the SLT, as it sounds pretty darn similar to mine. Do you know your gear ratio? Not sure if that matters in SLE/SLT as an SLT I have a 3.73

And no picture on the other comment. I would get one but hubby had to take it to work.
I also need a new front fender from the accident they had in the truck at the lot. I'm not a salvage title so I don't care lol It's all very minor anyways, and like you...I love my truck. I guess the things that I don't fix will just add character :smile:

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Mine did not have the slt on the pillars. And mine is not a salvage title. I dunno. :confused:

Mine also had the chrome door mouldings

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Did you take the dull black plastic stuff off your pillars or were they already the color of your truck? That's good that it isn't a salvage, I had issues here looking at Envoy's I liked only to find out they were priors that were involved in horrific accidents. I didn't have chrome door handles, but maybe the color trim varies with the exterior and of course year...yours is 3yrs newer than mine too. But I would personally say you have an SLT.

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
Did you take the dull black plastic stuff off your pillars or were they already the color of your truck? That's good that it isn't a salvage, I had issues here looking at Envoy's I liked only to find out they were priors that were involved in horrific accidents. I didn't have chrome door handles, but maybe the color trim varies with the exterior and of course year...yours is 3yrs newer than mine too. But I would personally say you have an SLT.

Yes.I did the pillar mod. And yea and yea lol.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
Yes.I did the pillar mod. And yea and yea lol.

lol, I get extremely bored and lonely once my kids go to bed :crazy: so I come here and aggravate everyone :biggrin:
Hubby works nights 3 days a week, so I don't have any victims.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
the roadie said:
There was a legendary member on the OS like that ... but with a bit less impulse control...:biggrin:

I try not to be as impulsive as some...but I am a woman and we are very well known for being impulsive creatures lol. I don't try to be mean..I was just raised differently from some. I was taught that you speak your mind and never hold anything back. It's got me in a few pickles I will admit. But I also can and will apologize if I'm wrong. Silvernclean had a go at me...I said my peace and hold no grudges...:biggrin: I'm not here to judge anyone, and don't have any bad feelings towards him and our little spiff.

Life is just to damn short to be cranky all the time lol Hopefully I'm not legendary in the means of my "mouth" or fingers or whatever. I don't want to be known as the forum bitch.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I think the "impulse control" that The Roadie was talking about is more because she was a bit on the easy side. :rotfl:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Regulator said:
I think the "impulse control" that The Roadie was talking about is more because she was a bit on the easy side. :rotfl:

Well from what I seen, half of the women there were easy :rotfl:

BeMyWheels

Dec 14, 2011
When I bought my SLE I had the same question, so I did a lot of research. My conclusion is:

1. If you don't have factory steering wheel controls, you have SLE. All SLTs I've seen have them.
2. If you don't have factory leather seats, you have SLE. All SLTs I've seen have them.
3. Bose is NOT an indicator for whether you have SLE or SLT. There was an option to upgrade to Bose for the SLE. My SLE has the Bose upgrade with the six CD changer.
4. Usually I see SLTs with the pillar logos, but others above me have mentioned that theirs don't so I guess this is inconclusive.

Edmunds reviews are also good sources to get familiar with the differences: 2007 GMC Envoy

Mine now has a Denali front end and I do plan to add leather seating down the road, so I guess it's a hybrid. Only I don't get >15 mpg. :frown:

Reactions: Reprise

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Tami, the black grill is OEM for your year, the black slats were chromed for the SLE and the SLT in '06 and up. I think '06 was also the first year for the Denali trim, which came with an unique grill.

To OP, the 5th and 6th char in the VIN is the line and model. The "S" is 2x4, the "T" is 4x4, the "1" is SLE, the "6" is SLT; if "S1", you have a 2 wheel drive SLE.

msedory

Jan 12, 2016
Aurora, Il
When I bought my SLE I had the same question, so I did a lot of research. My conclusion is:

1. If you don't have factory steering wheel controls, you have SLE. All SLTs I've seen have them.
2. If you don't have factory leather seats, you have SLE. All SLTs I've seen have them.
3. Bose is NOT an indicator for whether you have SLE or SLT. There was an option to upgrade to Bose for the SLE. My SLE has the Bose upgrade with the six CD changer.
4. Usually I see SLTs with the pillar logos, but others above me have mentioned that theirs don't so I guess this is inconclusive.

Edmunds reviews are also good sources to get familiar with the differences: 2007 GMC Envoy

Mine now has a Denali front end and I do plan to add leather seating down the road, so I guess it's a hybrid. Only I don't get >15 mpg. :frown:

I had the same problem. I logged onto my.GMC.com and there was a "chat" option. I gave them the VIN number and they told me the vehicle I was about to purchase was actually a SLE and not an SLT-1 as advertised.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ziggy

Feb 8, 2015
Is the trim level not spelled out specifically in the RPO codes on the glovebox sticker? Seems like that'd be the most simple way to verify trim level.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I think BeMyWheels has the best guidelines; I use those myself (I have the '1st edition' faux woodgrain bezels in my SLT, and have been looking for a 2005-up donor SLT so I can swap out to the faux 'burl' wood bezels - or a SLE with the 'carbon' bezels (but then my door trim would look funny - AFAIK, the trim insert isn't removable from the door panels, so it would look a bit off to have carbon fiber dash & console, and woodgrain door inserts) :duh: I much prefer the carbon, but I like my 3-level heated seats (which can be set for 'back only') - and it's the goofiest thing, but I *love* my travelnote recorder - I've always thought that would be great for a vehicle to have something like that (GM is funny like that - people love to bash them, but to me, at least, they have some features that all these years later, you still don't see on other marques.

Oh, and I've recently enjoyed finding out how well the rainsense windshield works with the delay interval on the wipers (the wipers sometimes get a bit goofy with how quickly they wipe in the faster interval setting - but on the lowest one, with the rainsense option, they will not wipe before they 'should'. Tickles the heck out of me.

But yes - the first thing I look at in the interior is the steering wheel - if it has the buttons for radio, climate control, and the DIC controls on the bottom - it's an SLT for sure.

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
Is the trim level not spelled out specifically in the RPO codes on the glovebox sticker? Seems like that'd be the most simple way to verify trim level.

X2. This is the best way to verify what OEM equipment and packages you have. Pointing to various features may indicate an SLE vs SLT, but it's not unheard of to see options that are considered to be SLT only to be found on an SLE. Same goes for other GM trim lines, Chevy, Buick, etc.

RPO code lists can easily be found though a Google search. What's fun about running through your RPO list is that you might find something you didn't know you had. I found that I have a block heater on my Sierra, which is only an SLE. Indications were that it was an SLT only thing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online