Envoy Denali Front End

JEREMY HALLETT

Original poster
Feb 10, 2017
USA
Hey All, this is my first post/question. I've searched a few terms and couldn't find a definitive answer, I welcome the help. I have an 03 Envoy SLT. Will a bumper cover and grill/ grill surround from an Envoy Denali "bolt-up" to the SLT? Thanx in advance for any help in this project.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
They should. As does the rear bumper. The 'tough' one is the integrated side steps, but if you've got $$$$ and time, even that's doable (although I don't recall anyone here who did the full exterior conversion.)

Hell, I'm just happy my own '03 SLT is virtually rust-free...lol

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Welcome to the Nation! :tiphat:

As @Reprise said yes it will swap over. If your buying the bumper cover new your going to need a few things. Fog light bezels, there is a grill at the lower part of the bumper aswell and the foam pad that goes between the actual bumper and cover.
If it's used get everything you can from the donor truck.

@dna59 did the swap, if you look through his posts you'll see all the differences there.

I attempted it but the freshly painted Denali bumper cover had an accident the day I was going to install. I'm going to get this done just not high up there on the todo list for me right now.20171117_113351.jpg20171117_113358.jpg
532271799.jpg
My Voy is a bit of a Jalopy. Its got Denali running boards, Saab roof rails, Ascendser tail lights, Avalanche third brake light, and a few other things. It's my build with stuff me and my wife like.20181028_172304.jpg

JEREMY HALLETT

Original poster
Feb 10, 2017
USA
Thanx Guys! I accidentally peeled half of my front end off last spring, and a Denali just rolled into the bone yard. I wanna jump on it while it's all still there! I'll post some before and after pics soon, hopefully...

Frost

Jan 22, 2019
Chicago
Anyone know where I can find the chrome bezels for the Denali bumper? Or perhaps a chroming outfit that can chrome plastic?
Frost

JEREMY HALLETT

Original poster
Feb 10, 2017
USA
I was able to run to LKQ during lunch and was able to snag the ENTIRE Denali front bumper assembly, grill w/surround, and the smoked lenses for the mirrors. A guy I work with can shoot the Red Tint Coat Metallic. Winning, so far...

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Hope you didn't forget the braces. I forgot to mention they are a little different. #5 in the first pic is what you want. #4 in second pic is what our sle and slt model envoy have.Screenshot_20190122-124140_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190122-124308_Samsung Internet.jpg

16vcabman

May 10, 2018
Ortonville, Mi
Please excuse my hijack but... I have the Denali and my bumper/ headlights hang low compared to other Envoys I've seen. I replaced the headlights hanger because it was damaged. I noticed somebody put two wood blocks on the metal inner bumper to hold the cover up but was still not right. Do you think the foam insert would help the bumper sit higher on the front of the car. I saw no foam insert. thanks so much for your help

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
@16vcabman you got a pic of your front end. From what I've seen the Denali bumper has always seemed better mounted then the sle/slt bumper. Nice and tight to the lights, grill and fenders.

Edit: Here is a pic of @dna59 front end.IMG_20180414_084815.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Redbeard

JEREMY HALLETT

Original poster
Feb 10, 2017
USA
This upset me a bit tho...KIMG0878.JPG
It takes a special kind of a$$&ole to go to the bone yard and ruin a perfectly good Denali grill just because you wanted a GMC logo. There's etiquette for every situation. Thanx to the staff, they hooked me up with it, I only needed the painted portion. But now I hafta gently dis and re-assemble rather than remove and replace. Even though it's a bone yard, remember, one man's loss can be another man's repair.

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Have a look through @dna59 's build thread. I believe he adapted fogs from another model.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
@16vcabman you got a pic of your front end. From what I've seen the Denali bumper has always seemed better mounted then the sle/slt bumper. Nice and tight to the lights, grill and fenders.

Edit: Here is a pic of @dna59 front end.View attachment 87189

Damn you! I was perfectly happy w/ my gap-spaced SLT...now I want a Denali nose. Aargh! :whisptersecret:

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
Hey guys thought I'd chime. Haven't been around the forum much lately. I pretty much got a bumper and bumper grille and went from there. The bumper will bolt up the same and I made my own isolator pad to go between the cover and reinforcement. I also made my own braces that went from the bottom of the bumper cover to the chassis to make it sturdy. The fog light bezels were a pain for me to find. I had to buy two used RH bezels and cut and paste one to make it fit the LH side. My fog lights are Jeep Wrangler LED lights retrofitted into OEM Envoy fog light brackets with TRS Iris projector shrouds painted black which due to reflection makes the chrome bezels look the same. I did not buy the lower valance since I could not find one used and a new one was more than I wanted to spend. I just painted the lip part that it would clip to black.

IMG_20180916_173849.jpgIMG_20180916_173859.jpgIMG_20180916_173837.jpg

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.