NEED HELP Engine/transmissions dowels

crazyelvis3577

Original poster
Oct 13, 2015
Tennessee
Switching motors in an envoy and the new motor is missing one of the alignment pins/dowels that aligns the engine and transmission. The old motor still has both. How can I remove these to put on the new motor? Is there a replacement available, if so can somebody link me? I'm working on a 2003 GMC Envoy XL with the 4.2 I-6 engine. This is all that's holding me back from having it back together so if anybody can help me to remove them I'd appreciate it!!

m.mcmillen

Apr 29, 2016
Wisconsin
My engine is at the machine shop at the moment getting bored so I can't look at it to see how they come out but, the part number is 12569598.

crazyelvis3577

Original poster
Oct 13, 2015
Tennessee
My engine is at the machine shop at the moment getting bored so I can't look at it to see how they come out but, the part number is 12569598.

Is that a GM part # and can I get them at the dealer? I saw some on a website that said it was for GMC but not sure if they are all the sanme. I think it was summit racing or something like that.

AWD V8

Jan 12, 2015
I don't know what the dowels look like, but any that I've removed I use Vise-Grips and rotate it back and forth while pulling. If it's a solid dowel, no problems, if it's a hollow tube, then be careful not to crush it.

Reactions: MAY03LT

crazyelvis3577

Original poster
Oct 13, 2015
Tennessee
I don't know what the dowels look like, but any that I've removed I use Vise-Grips and rotate it back and forth while pulling. If it's a solid dowel, no problems, if it's a hollow tube, then be careful not to crush it.

That's what I'm afraid of. The dowels are hollow as they have a bolt running through them so I worry about crishing it. Maybe if I can use vise-grips to grab one side and try to break it lose. It's aggrevating lol

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Should be able to use a skinny punch or screwdriver from the other side to hammer it out instead of using vice-grips and possibly distorting it.

Reactions: mrrsm

AWD V8

Jan 12, 2015
I've not had one hollow one that I distorted before it came out. Obviously if gripping it moderately isn't enough to loosen it, then you need to find new ones. Even if it's a bit distorted it will still work as long as it's not loose and the bolt passes though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online