Engine Oil Cooler

Skier

Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Folks,

Has anyone attempted to hook an engine oil cooler adapter from a Tahoe, Suburban etc. to the port on the driver's side of the oil pan? A tab above the port would need to be removed and a 1/4" spacer fabricated. The aapter would also need to be modified. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Interesting thought. Any reason for cooling the engine oil? The coolant takes care of engine temperature. Are you in a region that might require oil cooling?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I can see the need for it. The vette runs 250 ish in the sump so while it may be beneficial it isn't necessary. But if you were in say a hot environment or towing alot it probably wouldn't hurt. I think it was optional on the full size with a towing package... don't quote me in that though.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
My '92 Astro van w/ HiPo 4.3 engine, had an oil cooler. It was an adapter between the engine and oil filter.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Had that also in my '93 Blazer 4.3 (oil filter sandwich). Can't remember if my '00 Jimmy had one. If you were to add one, I'd go with the sandwich style. That fitting at the oil filter is a weird metric fitting and probably next to impossible to find an adapter to work with common oil coolers.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online