Engine Block Heater

itstrick

Original poster
Dec 10, 2011
Has anyone had one installed or installed one? I had ordered the GM block heater, and I tried to install it today, but I could not get the plug out of the block. I am going to put it on the lift tomorrow and see if I can get it from the underside, or if I have to take the wheel off.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I have been considering getting one of the generic ones that mount in the lower radiator hose.

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
You are definitely going to have to remove the drivers side tire to get to the plug easier if you are going to do it that way.

I installed my block heater back in 2006/2007. I travel to Northern Michigan a lot (up there right now!) and its not unusual for the temperature to be -20f in the winter time. The block heater helps a ton with getting the Envoy started and warming it up quicker. I love it and use it every winter.

IIRC, I used a few 1/2 extensions and a breaker bar through the fenderwell. I did it while the engine was warm, not hot, to aid in removing the plug. Im pretty sure it had thread locker on it from the factory and it took some effort to break the plug loose :twocents:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online