1. We are working on the forum's attachment system. Attachments and avatars will be intermittently affected over the next 24 hours.
    Dismiss Notice

Embed PDF Documents

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Jman423, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Jman423

Jman423 Site Owner Administrator

Admin Post
  2. djthumper

djthumper Administrator

Admin Post
    Great job! The rest of these guys need to pick up their game to keep up with you Jimmy. :thumbsup:

3. Regulator

Regulator Well-Known Member

This place keeps getting better and better! Well done! :thumbsup:

4. ItsOnVoy

ItsOnVoy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. AbsoluteZero

AbsoluteZero Well-Known Member

A couple times I've attempted to insert a pdf file as an attachment but couldn't because there is a rather small file size limit for pdf's. The pdf was from a site that requires a login so using the approach of inserting a link wouldn't work.

6. The_Roadie

The_Roadie Well-Known Member

Admin Post
    If it's under 10MB, email it to me and I can host it, and then you can just post the link to roadie.org. As long as it's a PDF that you have permission to make public.

7. AbsoluteZero

AbsoluteZero Well-Known Member

Good point..... our local library has a subscription service that includes access to TSB's. I believe these are copywrited by GM. Probably OK to post the TSB number and general info but not the actual TSB. What's interesting is there's a link to email the TSB. There's probably some fine print about making it available to someone not subscribing to the service. What's confusing is the subscription service must have an OK to make a copywrited document available to it's subscribers.