Electrical

2002tb4x4lt

Original poster
Mar 17, 2021
CA
Hi I have a 2002 tb lt.the other day I jump started my dad's truck and made a mistake of hooking up the jumper cables wrong negative to positive positive negative well it made it big spark and now my car electrical system is messed up the car still starts but the voltage on the dash is really low already got a brand new alternator and it was fine for a day or so and now it's messed up again does anyone know what I should do to find out what's wrong with it the battery is still good and I believe the alternator is too I just feel like there's something else wrong with the electrical

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome to the Nation.

Is the battery new? If not, get it tested. These trucks are very sensitive to voltage and if the battery is weak, it causes all sorts of gremlins.

Also, when you jumped it, did you use the actual battery posts or one of the studs on the fuse box? In any case, check the 125A mega fuse. Then, check all the fuses with a meter, not just visually.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
Assuming the big spark was at the battery post, I would disassemble and clean the battery cable terminals at the battery as well as everything at the battery posts.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Disconnect the battery for a bit and reconnect. I am surprised at how many times this works.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online