Electrical issues after alt change!!!

Tofer76

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
the roadie said:
Did you own the vehicle last winter? Actually, I think you are the first one to ask this question on the new forum! It was one of the questions we most enjoyed answering on the OS, because it's vehicle behavior that could appear very serious and hard to track down and possibly expensive to fix. And then we can gleefully tell the member the good news!

I believe the alternator will behave like a normal one if the wire to the PCM breaks or the suppression circuit fails, so it's not impossible for your old one to work that way.

yeah i bought it in the end of febuary last year. and it has never done that "delay" before.
it was like any other as when it started it was right up there right away. it bothers me as i look at it everytime now thinking it wont jump up and work right lol

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
It bothered me at first too because none of my past vehicles did that (they were also older). Then I found out it was normal and now it doesn't bug me. Maybe I'm just being overly cautious but when I start it in the cold, I wait until the alt kicks on before hitting the defrosters.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online