electrical issue? loose connection ?

goombi

Original poster
Jun 23, 2014
I have an 05 Trailblazer Ext LT. I just replaced my alternator, battery and ignition switch and Re-Checked the connections. The problem is since replacing, none of my interior lights, gauges or dashboard lights go on. The car drives fine and while driving around the block there was a party of lights and sounds that went on, then off. When I turn the car off and restart the result is usually no lights, a few times the party lit up but went off right away. Check engine light stayed on but code reader couldn't read as the electrical is not working. My son took it around the block and when he hit a bump it lit up and when he hit another they went off and so on. he took the console box out and when he pulled it the lights went on but then when he started to put it back the lights went out again. I feel there is a loose connection or ground but I'm not sure and I don't know where to start. I could use some guidance as to where to begin. I don't think we found it yet. Any suggestions?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Another suggestion returns us to the original three things you replaced just prior to these bizarre 'Fireworks'... The most significant being ...Your Ignition Switch. Time and again... it seems almost too easy to get the alignment of the "Rack and Pinion" teeth inside of the ones coming right out of the New Parts Box to be correctly positioned. So after investigating Cliff's suggestion via the @MAY03LT video... if you have your Original Switch still around... pull out the New One and make an EXACT alignment comparison with the Old One and see if the Gear Positions precisely 'jive'. Then make adjustments ...one tooth at a time until they look like Twins inside and plug that puppy back inside ... without reassembling all the cowling just yet...until you can see if there is a difference in the 'Light Show'. In a WCS (Worst Case Scenario) put the Old One back in, start the SUV and see if it works properly ...as there have been cases where "Decent Customers" have returned Ignition Switches that were bad as being Brand New in order to get refunds ...and the next unsuspecting buyer in line suffers the consequences of a Lazy Counterman not inspecting such things before re-stocking the item(s) for re-sale.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online