NEED HELP electrical issue??? desperate need of help!!!!

wormfly10

Original poster
Nov 29, 2018
westerville
so me and my girlfried bought a 2003 trailblazer ls about a year ago, we have 2 girls under 2 and it is our only mode of transportation so we are stuck until I figure this out! ever since weve had the vehicle it has had some sort of a short in it somewhere the abs light and brake light will periodically come on and chime and when it does this the climate control will work (however only on 5 nothing else) but when the lights aren't on it will not work! so pain in the butt but was able to deal with it until recently. a few weeks ago we began having problems with the ignition to where the dash read that it was in park or whatever gear but the ignition itself would not registar park and turn the electrical componets off or release the key and would eventually kill the battery. which it stilldoes this from time to time but even more recently the transmission on and off began to not shift into overdrive then only would drive in 2 gear. even more of a pain in the butt!!! still could not figure out what was wrong with the car but still had dr appointment and things to get to with no choice but to drive so the other day we were on the freeway and the engine began to act like it was loosing power and eventually would not go over 1000 rpms and over 10mph in the emergency lane. so I pukked over and made a call to my father and he looked up on youtube and found a video from someone on here explaning the number 47 fuse and all the codes the vehicle had throw which I scanned at the time since I had my scanner in the car with me on the side of the road ( there was 12 codes which included the shift silonoid a and b, the torque converter silonoid, cam shaft position sensor, tcc pcw and repeat of any combonation of these) so I checked the 47 fuse and its good however ever fuse in the fuse box in the back seat is getting 12 or more volts but the particular fuse was only getting .5 or .6 volts...… and then the battery died after only having it on the on postion without the car running for 3 or 4 minutes. and I am completely stumped as to what the heck can be going on I have no idea and im about to burn this car to the ground. we are all stuck at home cannot even make it into work or drs appointment or anything. PLEASE ANYONE THAT MIGHT HAVE AN IDEA OF WHATS GOING ON I NEED HELP AND DIRECTION AS FAST AS HUMANLLY POSSIBLE. THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!
COREY

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
+1 --^-- With @Sparky… Try to get the ACDelco Ignition Switch from NAPA for your specific Y/M/M and follow these R&R Instructions if you have even modest Mechanical Skills… you CAN do this as long as you are VERY careful to MATCH the Internal Gear Teeth Alignment with the Original Switch after you remove it. Just take your time ...sit them side by side ...and move the Teeth inside of the New Switch to be aligned exactly with the Old One.

MAKE SURE YOU TEST THE IGNITION AND START SEQUENCE AND LOOK FOR THE ABSENCE OF THESE ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS... BEFORE... YOU RE-ASSEMBLE EVERYTHING!.... Or else you will have to Re-Do each and every step if the Teeth Alignment of the Ignition Switch turns out to be WRONG:

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt and Redbeard

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Agree with @MRRSM and @Sparky.

The blower motor thing may be the fan control module (it has a specific name, but I cant remember what it is at the moment). But dont even start with that until you replace the Ignition Switch.

Reactions: Mooseman

wormfly10

Original poster
Nov 29, 2018
westerville
So I replaced the ign. Switch and it definitelyhelped but now the truck is still struggling to get to 2 or 2.5 grand rpm like it has no power and if I floor the gas it just looses all power and acts like it wants to die. So def need ignition switch but now seems like an engine issue now. Any ideas.... (i erased all 12 codes and only two came up now.... which were p0113 and p0014.....

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
One of those codes if for the timing, and I know very little about the 4.2, I own the 5.3. So I will let the guys that know more help you on that one. The words CAM Phazer comes to mind. But I could be wrong.

The P0113 is for a IAT (Idle Air Temp Sensor).. I would start with the following.

IAT Trailblazer

There is a video, and a bit about troubleshooting the sensor before replacement.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
when was the last oil change? when was the last oil check? Is there any oil in it?
You might want to pull the solenoid and check it for "metal issues". :-(
Your other code is likely a wiring issue going to the MAF / IAT sensor on the air intake. The combinations of codes is likely going to make the engine very difficult to run... and you want to not run it alot until you have got things checked / fixed.... otherwise you may be spending additional money on a "few other things" shortly.

wormfly10

Original poster
Nov 29, 2018
westerville
So I replaced the ignition switch and the cam shaft position sensor and this seemed to take care of about 70 percent of the problems and now that care is shifting through all the gears now however one of the only issues now it that I have to be REALLY EASY/SHY On the gas for it to actually accelerate up to speed and get to the point where the tranny will shift to the next year but being really easy on the gas will get me up to speed but I need to fix it so the gas pedal responds normally and gets up to speed the way it should...... any ideas where to go from here.... could this be an issue caused by the air intake temp sensor or something like a clogged fuel filter or fuel pump gone bad or something I'm not even thinking of at this point. anymore advice would be greatly appreciated and thank you to everyone who has responded so far VERY INFORMATIVE AND HELPFUL THANK YOU SO MUCH. JUST WANT TO GET THIS TRUXK RUNNING BACK UP TO PAR ASAP. THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE AGAIN!!!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Did you clear the code and did it come back? We said the CPAS (Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid), not the sensor. The sensor is on the front of the engine and the CPAS is on the passenger side just behind the power steering pump.

A clogged fuel filter or bad fuel pump are possibilities. Start with the filter and check the fuel pressure. If you are checking the revs in Park, it will not rev past 3000rpm, which is normal. While in D, it should get you up to speed. What does it do when you floor the pedal?

You need to scan for codes again. Also, is there a light on in the dash? Maybe one that looks like an engine with a down arrow? Replace the Intake Air Temp Sensor to eliminate that but that souldn't affect it that bad.

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online