EFan A/C Question

anthonyl79

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Colorado
So I decided to do a E-Fan setup on my 05' Envoy. Clutch fan went to crap and decided it was time. I used a Spal PWM-V3 controller for the fan. I will say that it works great. I used the factory temp wire (main reason I used this controller). I want to verify that I grabbed the correct wire for the A/C. I used the trigger wire from the PCM to the A/C relay.
View attachment 22097

Below is what Spal was asking for.
View attachment 22096

Well thansk for help!

Attachments

• AC.JPG
    AC.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 72
  • AC Wiring.jpg
    AC Wiring.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 23

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
The PCM activates the A/C relay by grounding it. The wire you're pointing to will be +12V when the A/C is off (opposite of what you want).

You want the Dark Green wire that runs between the fuse block and the AC clutch (the wire just to the right in the diagram).

anthonyl79

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Colorado
AtlWrk said:
The PCM activates the A/C relay by grounding it. The wire you're pointing to will be +12V when the A/C is off (opposite of what you want).

You want the Dark Green wire that runs between the fuse block and the AC clutch (the wire just to the right in the diagram).

Yes you are correct, that is the one that I did grab a hold of. The dark green one that you are talking about. The only reason I was asking is they where talking that the best thing to do was to hook up to the trinary switch.

neelskit

Dec 7, 2011
You don't have a trinary switch. A trinary A/C switch is found on some vehicles with electric cooling fans. This type of pressure switch controls compressor and cooling fan operation simultaneously- the switch actually contains two different pressure switches to control a high/low speed condenser cooling fan based on refrigerant pressures. The A/C pressure switches on GMT360/70s are binary.

anthonyl79

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Colorado
neelskit said:
You don't have a trinary switch. A trinary A/C switch is found on some vehicles with electric cooling fans. This type of pressure switch controls compressor and cooling fan operation simultaneously- the switch actually contains two different pressure switches to control a high/low speed condenser cooling fan based on refrigerant pressures. The A/C pressure switches on GMT360/70s are binary.

That is what I figured but I wanted to double check to make sure. Thanks for the clarification!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online

No members online now.