SUPPORT Edit feature

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I'm not seeing the edit feature anymore , is it gone or is it at my end ? Mike.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
How old of mpost are you trying to edit?

Upvote 0

rizzo20

I think it's gone, I don't see it either. The other day I tried to edit a response a few minutes after posting it and I couldn't. That response is still kinda messy looking and I can't change it.

Upvote 0

Shaw520

Sep 20, 2017
Northeast
Edit button gone on my end too

Upvote 0

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Will check on it.

Upvote 0

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
I just looked at it on my win 10 box using microshaft edge and on my Galaxy S5 phone and the edit button is right next to the report button. On the phone I had to tap on a drop down arrow right next to the report button to see the edit button.

Edit@5:30pm

I have no issues with my browsers editing.

Edit@9:30pm

As part of the upgrade and subscription changes, editing is a perk for supporting members. There will be a 30 minute grace for non-supporting members, but there will be no editing after that.

I haven't had a chance to get all of the features rounded up in a presentable format yet, so sorry for the surprise.

I went WTF for 20 seconds. But I can understand business decisions. Personally most of my editing is right after I post something. If the majority are like me then 30 minutes should be a generous amount of time without paying to play.

For what its worth I completely support the decision. In my opining any web service/site/forum is a business and decisions sometimes have to be made. Expect persons used to getting a "perk" for free to voice their opinion of disgust. Photobucket is the latest example I can think of. Pissed a shit load of peoples off but atleast they did not hold your pictures for ransom. Just can no longer do third party linking without paying to play. Is what it is.

The problem is, and I can confirm, that the edit button doesn't show up at all. After hitting the post button, there is no edit option available at all.

I can still edit. Just a bug to be worked out in the new business model. For now I can edit and you cant. :raspberry:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

outlaw

Dec 27, 2011
Chrome primarily.

Just tried IE and Edge in Win10

Also tried Firefox (Win10)

Chrome on S6
Safari on iPhone 6

Upvote 0

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Using Chrome or Safari and neither show edit.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
As part of the upgrade and subscription changes, editing is a perk for supporting members. There will be a 30 minute grace for non-supporting members, but there will be no editing after that.

I haven't had a chance to get all of the features rounded up in a presentable format yet, so sorry for the surprise.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The problem is, and I can confirm, that the edit button doesn't show up at all. After hitting the post button, there is no edit option available at all.

Upvote 0

Shaw520

Sep 20, 2017
Northeast
Thats true ^^^^^

Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Sounds like the permissions just aren't set quite right. I don't know the forum software backend, but it shouldn't be hard to fix.

Upvote 0

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Sounds like the permissions just aren't set quite right. I don't know the forum software backend, but it shouldn't be hard to fix.

I think you missed this;

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Seems to be working now, at least for the first minutes after a post.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher