Eastern Canada Random & Off-Topic Chat. (All welcomed)

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
For us Canadian chatter-bugs who want to babble about local (to us) stuffs... :thumbsup:

But everyone's welcomed to chime in...

Dec 4, 2011
harmless said:
For us Canadian chatter-bugs who want to babble about local (to us) stuffs... :thumbsup:

But everyone's welcomed to chime in...

Good Day

My name is Gerry. Are you the Steph I keep reading about. If so what is Steph short for.

Spring is on the way out here, the Envoy has a nice shade of MUD on her and with 15+ scheduled for this week we won't get it clean here for awhile. Hope summer is on its way to you as well.

Is this the kind of babble you were thinking of. :rotfl:

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Ok, so as I spoke of before, we have my eldest son here for the first part of March Break...

First, I had to go get him. Friday morning was a little dicey as I was trying to out run a snowsquall. Once I passed Gravenhurst, it was smooth sailing all the way to North Bay.

I had enough time to have a coffee with a long time friend then I picked him up at school, picked up his gear and got some gas for the treck back.

That's when it went all, um, Northerny on us. In the matter of time it took to fill harmless, the place was covered in about 1/2 of snow. It was coming down HARD. So much for out running the snowsquall! It found me!

The next hour and a half was spent driving in near 0 visibility. This stuff made the stuff Garnet and Co faced during our G2G seem pleasant. I focussed on keeping harmless on the road and I tasked my son to keep an eye out for "shadows" of any vehicle that would be ahead of us. They were shutting down the highway ramps behind us - that's how bad it was.

Well, this system took 4 swipes at us. 4 times I thought, yep, that's it, we're camping out for a few hours. But we made it and harmless wore it well.

If you're weak of stomach, I advise you not to look at the next pictures. harmless IS dirty. Very, very dirty. :biggrin:

7e808fc6.jpg

76a141bd.jpg

93d0db66.jpg

The slush was freezing to harmless as we drove! She had a 1/4 layer of ice and snow all over her most of the ride home. This is what she looked like when we got to Walmart here. She'd had grown a layer of "scales"! :crazy:

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
RedEnvoyDenal said:
Good Day

My name is Gerry. Are you the Steph I keep reading about. If so what is Steph short for.

Spring is on the way out here, the Envoy has a nice shade of MUD on her and with 15+ scheduled for this week we won't get it clean here for awhile. Hope summer is on its way to you as well.

Is this the kind of babble you were thinking of. :rotfl:

Well, that depends on who's asking and what kind of trouble you think I may or may not have caused you. :raspberry: :rotfl:

Dec 4, 2011
harmless said:
Well, that depends on who's asking and what kind of trouble you think I may or may not have caused you. :raspberry: :rotfl:

You have caused me no trouble, just not sure who is who from reading posts you and the members have made from Eastern Canada.

Your's is dirty but at least the top part looks clean. Mine is sitting in the drive way with a red tinge to the dirt gray. Maybe we should run another "dirtiest GMT" contest ( we have to leave out the 4 wheelin guys they have an unfair disadvantage from us mall crawlers. LOL

Did I misspell your name, should it be STEF, I think I have seen it both ways.

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Well, if you're looking for "Stef", then you've found him. I am *that* guy. :cool:

It's short for "Stéphane". French spelling. I prefer to be called "Stef" though as many English speaking folk just make a mess of the pronounciation.

Nice to meet you, Gerry!

See, a "who's got the dirtiest ride" contest is wholly unfair anyways.

harmless has a very bad allergic reaction to being any kind of "dirty". I'm not big on having her dirty either. :biggrin:

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
So my eldest turns out to be a big Ford fan. I blame his step-dad. :biggrin:

So he's chirping me (from the back seat, none the less) about how the BOSS mustang is the end-all to fast cars. :crazy:

I figure the kid is in need of a little tender, loving, edumacation. Stef style. :biggrin:

While we were in Vaughan, I take him to a little cul-de-sac I like to call "slobber circle".

[GMAP]33 Auto Park Circle, Woodbridge, Ontario[/GMAP]

In this cul-de-sac lies the home of dealerships such as Ferrari, Maseratti, BMW, Porshe, Land Rover and now McLaren.

By the time we've gone around once, we're all covered in slobber from all the drooling we've done. :rotfl:

So I kindly show him all the cars that would use the BOSS stang as a toothpick and look for more foodz.

Edumating complete. :thumbsup:

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

7dff8a65.jpg

This is, apparently the Mclaren MP4-12C.

Yeah. My puddle just got that much deeper. :salivate:

Dec 4, 2011
harmless said:
Well, if you're looking for "Stef", then you've found him. I am *that* guy. :cool:

It's short for "Stéphane". French spelling. I prefer to be called "Stef" though as many English speaking folk just make a mess of the pronounciation.

Nice to meet you, Gerry!

See, a "who's got the dirtiest ride" contest is wholly unfair anyways.

harmless has a very bad allergic reaction to being any kind of "dirty". I'm not big on having her dirty either. :biggrin:

Now I understand. I will try to spell if correct from here on out. Have a Guy at work and because I used to spend a lot of time in Montreal I call him Gee. He use Gi because us dumb Englais don't know no better.

I to have a hard time leaving her that dirty but with the slop out there might just as well 10.00 bucks out the window. Been on TV and GMT3600 for about 4 years now, gleaned a lot of info and met some really nice people. Being in the middle of here we don't get to collaborate with many others because of the distance.

Nice chatting with you. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gerry

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.