Earthquake Measures in at 5.1 on the Richter Scale in North Carolina

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area

Areas of North Carolina just experienced the Strongest Earthquake on Record in 104 years going back to 1916.

TECTONICACTIVITYONNC.jpg

Whenever Earthquakes happen... regardless of the Tectonic Plate Locations... the OPPOSITE adjacent plates can sort of "loosen" enough to stimulate unexpected Volcanic Activity on their along these other Fault Lines.

Mt. Rainier area residents and Yellow Stone National 'Parkers' may want to watch their Pets (Best Pre-Earthquake Detectors) and look for any Large Flights of Birds and other Fauna having any unusual or restless behavior over the next few weeks. It can't hurt to be on your toes if you live above a Single Story Dwelling elevation in other Earthquake Prone or experiencing any Volcanic Activtivity.

If I were a resident of the Seattle, Washington area... I'd always have my "Gear Bag" and a decent 4WD Vehicle Fueled up and ready with an "EZ2PakcNLeave" Plan for my Family as well. Earthquakes in this "Older" Geologic area of the North American Mountainous areas are quite unusual.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.