dual tail lights?

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
any one mod there tail lights so that that both the upper and lower light in the same houseing is on at same time ??

looks and safety issue mod...

YOUNG

Dec 4, 2011
LordBear said:
any one mod there tail lights so that that both the upper and lower light in the same houseing is on at same time ??

i know a few guys have done it on here, they had to take apart the circuit board, and i believe they needed a second set to circuit boards to take parts out off and such. and then they had to solder it all up..

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Would not be hard to do on the Trailblazer truck.

Parallel the two filaments.

Connect the low wattage filaments (tail lights) together (these may be connected from the factory, check to see if they both light when tails are on),

Connect the high wattage filaments (one is brake, other is signal) together; by cutting the brake and signal wires a few inches from the light assembly. Splice them together.

Run a new wire to the trailer wiring and connect to the correct side (left side to left side, etc), feed the spliced brake and signal lights with the wire from the trailer wiring.

Note: we are using the trailering wire because we need to supply the brake and signal voltage on one wire.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
LordBear said:
lol..make it sound so easy
Actual, it is, lol.

You check the tail lights (see if both light when the park lights are turned on), and I can walk you through the rest................ even if you have no electrical experience.

:thumbsup:

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
LordBear said:
what about in the perpetual state of a brain fart?..lmao
We'll give ya an enema first, get rid of that real quick, hehe

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
LordBear said:

TXBlazer and Jetttstream have quad mods already for the back lights (signal & brake). :hail:

Saves you from screwing things up. Get their pre-fabbed, plug & play mods. :yes:

BTW, I'm running both their mods. :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
harmless said:
TXBlazer and Jetttstream have quad mods already for the back lights (signal & brake). :hail:

Saves you from screwing things up. Get their pre-fabbed, plug & play mods. :yes:

BTW, I'm running both their mods. :thumbsup:

How much for said mod from said vendors?.. I'm lookin into this as a mod while the beaSSt is parked for the winter..

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I will have to add this to my list of how to's to produce. I did it for my Envoy, pretty much the same method for the Trailblazer.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
The Envoy already has three lights:

Top = Turn signal
Middle = Running Light
Bottom = Running and Stoplight

IIRC, the bottom light on the TB is the back-up light.

What did you change on yours?

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
some one did send me a how to on trailvoy forums..but confusing as heck.. and then i just looked up jet as metioned above and not finding anything current and the website has nothing to do with any products listed by jet... and i did find a price of $164... but then still more parts were required?

groundshock

Dec 4, 2011
Pretty sure the the Envoy has a different board style than the TB so it wouldnt be the same.

TB:

Top Light - Dual Function Socket - Stop and Running
Middle Light - Single Function Socket - Turn
Bottom Light - Single Function Socket - Reverse

I did a ton of searching on this at the OS and there's now way around having to modify the boards and make the center socket dual function.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
I'm not sure about pricing - I've had these mods for a few years now. You'll have to get in touch with them to check on current pricing/availability.

BTW, Running both mods gives me:

Dual Brake lights (upper, middle),
Dual Signal lights(upper, middle),
Dual Park (upper, middle).

Just like the Chevy Silvy's of the time.

Before the mod...
IMG_0662.jpg

After the mod...
IMG_0664.jpg

FYI - so far, the dual brake mod isn`t compatible with LED bulbs. That`s being worked on though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online