Drivers side window controls

acollins0610

Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
Hello everyone, quick question though I suspect the culprit already. Last year, the drivers side window controls stopped working on my TB LT more than likely from hurricane force rain coming in. I acepted the fate I would have to replace the controls, just haven't done it yet. Then, two days ago, I finally replaced my plugs and voila! The controls started working again. Now it is intermittenly working. Thoughts on if it's the switch short circuiting from the rain a year ago or possibly a larger electrical problem? Might I add the the scumbags that had it before me did a terrible self-install on a new radio that I am still trying to sort out. Thanks for your help guys, this site has been a life saver since I love doing my own work.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome! I assume you mean you changed the spark plugs? Not related. The radio might be if they also added an adapter to keep your chimes or steering wheel buttons, etc. But then your passenger side window control would probably be out as well.

For a good experiment, swap the two front control modules.

But you're right, it's almost always water. Inexperienced GM designers must never have experienced rain while driving, so I'm assuming they were like 14 year-old prodigies. Engineering graduates with no life experience or common sense or history of car ownership. :hissyfit:

acollins0610

Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
Oh ya def not related to plugs just a strange occurence that it seem to start working suddenly after the swap. Just puzzled I suppose!!!!!:crazy:

acollins0610

Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
I wish it was the recall, but I have a 2004. I don't what is going on with this truck. A couple of days ago, the wife had the passenger side window down (using that sides controls) and it would randomly roll up. You can hear the clicking noise as the window switches try to reset. But while this is all going on my headlights would flicker as well as the gauge lights, and while the flickering happened it felt like the truck was going to die at highway speed. I know it sounds like a short, but the whole situation seems to be complicated by something that should be minor!?!?! Just a heads up to everybody, I will probably be posting a lot about problems because chances are, my truck has everything that has been described with a twist though. And I definitely don't believe in taking it somewhere when I can just as easily do the work myself.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online