Driver's rear door speaker inop.

dhanna6

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Never had a vehicle with a factory amp. Driver's rear door speaker isn't working. How can I test the speaker and amp to see which is bad?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Statistically, a bad speaker and damaged wiring in the door harness are the most likely causes.

Turn the radio on, and wiggle the wiring harness that goes into the inoperative speakers door.

If that doesn't work, swap in a known good speaker. If you don't have an extra speaker laying around, you can swap the l/r and r/r speakers. It's a little more work to do it this way, but it doesn't cost anything to do.

If swapping speakers doesn't work, I do continuity tests from the speaker leads to the radio (non bose) or the amp (bose).

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
R/R speaker is out in mine. Been meaning to take a look at it but it always manages to slip my mind.

They say the first sign of old age is that you... umm... now what was it??? Oh yeah, forget things.

dhanna6

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
I've gotta look at it. The phasing is horrible with one speaker not working.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Same problem, with the same speaker. Waiting for the after the holidays sales, and hoping to do something with those rear speakers.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Don't mean to hijack but I still am lol, Today I noticed both Rear speakers aren't working, Tried fading back and forth no result except on front. I've heard the Trailblazers have crappy speakers and do eventually fail and at times both together!

Just wish I'd realized this before my family got back! No way I can get to it now. Curious to know though, are there any fuses related to this? Maybe can check that, before going and swapping another speaker to see if that works.:undecided:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online