Driver's Heated Seat -wiring color code legend

CajunWon

Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
Cary, NC
Where can I find a color code list?
Have the electric diagrams, but codes like 'BN' 'L-GN' ... are foreign to me.

Beginning to hunt a short in the Driver's seat-back heating element. It comes On at High randomly and without lighting the door buttons. Turning the door button On, then off does not turn off the heat. I pulled the 30a fuse just in case the heat wants to drain the battery.

TIA
Seat diagram: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GS0TDnrrlfRZyyMO3ojilxT8KA0hJmuv

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I don't know if there's a list out there, I always thought the abbreviations were understood. The 2 examples you listed, are brown, and light green. They often will use the first and last letter of a color, some diagrams use 3 letters, so those are a bit easier to decipher.

Prefix of L for light, or D (DK) for dark. If there's 2 colors, separated by a slash, it's for a striped wire. The first is the main color, the second is the color of the stripe. Hope that helps some.

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
I needed that info for an upcoming seat conversion. I'm building a frame right now that I'm going to put a few Envoy/97x leather heated seats on for the garage. I'll post the build when it's closer to being done. I attached the frame pic. I ground the top down flat to be able to put a rectangle piece of sheet metal on top to bolt the seats to.

Attachments

• Frame.jpg
    Frame.jpg
    598.9 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.